My Computer

Armin2222

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and am seeking some help!

Case
ZALMAN Z11 PLUS BLACK MID TOWER CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770k (3.5GHz) 8MB Cache

Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z87: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR

Memory (RAM)
32GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (4 x 8GB KIT)

Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Free Item Free Item
FREE BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS GAME with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB VELOCIRAPTOR WD1000DHTZ, SATA 6-Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (10,000rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ MODULAR TXM-650 V2-80 PLUS® (£79)

Processor Cooling
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler (£19)

Extra Case Fans
1 x 12CM Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof) (£5)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)

USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

These are my specs, and i am wondering if i could OC my GPU. I have been told that the GPU will be a Palit jetstream (Non Super), and am wondering with all the power usage, will i have enough headroom to OC my gpu?

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Is it just for gaming? The ram is overkill for gaming, the velociraptor is overpriced for what it offers and if you want to overclock your CPU you need a much better CPU cooler. I would also suggest a better case.

baron75mk2

Banned
I wouldnt overclock an Nvidia gpu myself , the overclock you would get whist stable is miniscule , nvidias dont overclock well at all really , best to go for a factory (hardware) OC card really.

What sort of Framerates (FPS) are you looking to achieve in these games & what games are you going to be playing on this build ?

Are you doing any kind of video editing , rendering at all - possibly any music production ? , if not then you really dont need that I7 processor & all that ram at all.

Best to go for an I5 for gaming as I7s are not much use for gaming as games dont take advantage of the extra cores / hyperthreading at all .

8gb of ram is plenty enough for games . there isnt any game out there that uses more than 4 at the moment , so this gives you 4gb for the future & i very much doubt that any game is going to swallow up a whole 8gb of ram , if it does its doing something radically wrong indeed.

If your looking to overclock anything at all , then a bigger PSU is my advice , maybe an 850w this will give you plenty of headroom for OC & another GTX-780 SLI if you plan on it lately.

Personally i would reccomend another GTX-780 in SLI with an I5 processor with an overclock & a better cooler with 8gb of ram ,

Also if you can run to it a better case as well for good airflow & cooling

But this all depends on what games you are wanting to play & at what settings & what Fps you want to achieve :eek:

Armin2222

Bronze Level Poster
Is it just for gaming? The ram is overkill for gaming, the velociraptor is overpriced for what it offers and if you want to overclock your CPU you need a much better CPU cooler. I would also suggest a better case.

This is for 3D rendering and using adobe Software, and some gaming. I don't like SSD's and i like what the Velociraptor Offers. The zalman z11 will suit my needs, and i don't have time for Watercoolers. I was asking if i could OC my GPU, not my CPU.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
You can overclock your gpu but you void your warranty. You are choosing an i7-4770k unlock for overclocking but if you not planning to do that you can get the i7-4770 (non-k ) instead. The gtx 780 is pretty good at stock clock speed anyway, the suggestion for a better case is due to the hardware you are choosing but only spending a small % on the case. A better case offer better cooling, airflow as well as cable management.

Armin2222

Bronze Level Poster
Thank you all for your help. I have decided that later on, when I will need to OC I will buy a better cooler and PSU. Thanks again both of you.