My first build: Gaming AND Home-theater PC need help and opinions!

FinGuy

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long post, I still hope you to read it, thank you! :)

I'm from Finland, and thinking of buying all of the parts at once. My budget is approximately 1000e/1280USD (can add or decrease a bit). My expectations for the build is: High performance on at least high graphics (ultra would be preferable though). I'm an enthusiast gamer and I love watching movies. What i also had in mind apart from gaming is buying a projector or a huge tv to watch movies from PC. I'd also like to have a PC that doesn't out-date too quickly(That upcoming games could run on high performance and graphic).

So with all this, here comes the questions:
Case: Atx or mini-atx? Pros and Cons of both, if you can, please
MOBO: Which mobo to satisfy my needs and why?
Cooler: which one? Liquid or air-flow? why? pros and cons?
CPU: Which one? AMD? INTEL? Should i choose Haswell family ones?
RAM: How much? Which brand and why?
Storage: SSD or not? pros and cons?
Power supply: What's important factors in choosing power supply? Brand? Why?
Video card: Which one to choose to keep even upcoming games running great with high/ultra?
OS: which os? Is 8 worth it? Should i buy one or just download pirate version? Pros and cons?
Do i need any extension cards(Sound Cards, Wired Network- or Wireless Network Adapters)?
Things i should note? Any tips? Should i wait for any upcoming "new" parts or not?
Need in case fans or thermal compound?

Huge thanks for reading this or helping me, have a great day!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I am afraid it is not encouraged to give advice on self builds since the site belongs to PCS who sells laptops/desktops. If you wish someone could give you a PCS build within your budget