My first custom build - 5600x / 3070

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Received my first ever custom build on Wednesday and spent the day updating everything before fully taking advantage of it last night. I am very happy with this PC!

It was a turbulent time waiting, after 34 working days in the 3060Ti queue I took the plunge and switched over to the 3070 as I had the money for it and there was a bit of a backlog on the Ti. Within 1 working day I went into build and testing, before being dispatched a day later on next-day delivery. Also bonus for the 3070 being a Gigabyte OC - which i'm led to believe is a good model!

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

Desk still needs some tidying up, still got a piece of card attached to the corner! Need to get a few more extras for it too, but they'll find their way there in time. Also notice the chair is carefully placed to cover the *slight* cable tangle underneath the desk, but we don't need to focus on that... right?

Tested out Warzone and was hitting 150 FPS without maxing the settings out which is pretty cool. Also put on A Plague Tale: Innocence at ultra settings and my god it looks incredible on the G5 at 144hz. Need to get on Red Dead or something at some point to really show off how good the graphics can get!

Looks like my trusty Macbook Pro will get put in the corner a little more - the ultimate betrayal from me turning to Windows.

Finally, looking back at my original spec and seeing its evolution thanks to the users here is crazy - big thanks to @Scott, @MrWilson, @Citrus_9, @SpyderTracks and @AgentCooper. You all had a hand in helping put together my rig. Also big up the patient souls in the GPU waiting threads, the (almost 2) months within those made the wait much, much easier.

Excited to get stuck into this badboy properly this weekend!

D

Deleted member 17413

Looking at some other sellers its one of the ones commonly about, so I thing Gigabyte must have got a good stash of chips early on.
Im not sure it will last once the supply starts flowing again.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Also notice the chair is carefully placed to cover the *slight* cable tangle underneath the desk, but we don't need to focus on that... right?
Erm.... we absolutely need to focus on that. I'm a crusader, I stamp out terrible cable management wherever I find it.

Joking aside, really happy you've got a system you're proud to show off. And I'm very glad we could help you along the way, thank you for the mention :)

You must get Red Dead 2 to show what it can do, it looks phenomenal on my ultrawide with the 3070 and you're going to be in for a treat when you see the lighting effects. The bloom in particular made me audibly gasp :LOL:

Tidy up the cables and post some more pics and you're a shoe in for this thread...

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Erm.... we absolutely need to focus on that. I'm a crusader, I stamp out terrible cable management wherever I find it.

Joking aside, really happy you've got a system you're proud to show off. And I'm very glad we could help you along the way, thank you for the mention :)

You must get Red Dead 2 to show off what it can do, it looks phenomenal on my ultrawide with the 3070 and you're going to be in for a treat when you see the lighting effects. The bloom in particular made me audibly gasp :LOL:

Tidy up the cables and post some more pics and you're a shoe in for this thread...

Ha - I shall wait for a few cable wraps and a couple of other bits and bobs before considering myself worthy of even daring to dream of 'the thread'.

Red Dead seems a must really and I think now is as good a time as any as I feel emotionally ready to start it off from the beginning again, some 2+ years after it destroyed me! Altho I've got the Games Pass so gonna start making my way through that first.