My first time order too !

roofrack

Really not best pleased with PCS at the moment, especially following a personal recommendation.

Ordered a laptop on 30th April. Pre-config for one day, then spent 9 days in build. When I asked on Thursday 10th May why it was taking so long in this phase, I was told the CPU hadn't been in stock, had only just arrived, and that build would complete that same day. Was then told by customer service that the remaining phases would be completed such that the laptop would ship out on Monday and I would receive Tuesday. It is now 16:40 on Tuesday and the laptop is still showing as in testing, so on that basis I'll be lucky to even receive it on Thursday. That would make a 17-day turnaround (still 13 days even without counting weekends).

The laptop build team don't update status and there seems to be a certain amount of economy with the truth....

MadMan

Super Star
If the item isnt in stock then obviously the build process will take longer. Im sure PCS are building as fast as they can as they deal with lots of orders a day. For a more specific status ring PCS as online sometimes isnt updated quickly.

kokabel

Bronze Level Poster
As I've said elsewhere, it seems they have been super busy recently, and I'm not sure they were expecting the influx of business. My Desktop has been taking its sweet time too, but it is being worked on, and getting in contact with PCS can usually uncover the mystery of the whys and hows of any delays. Try calling them for the fastest response.

roofrack

Madman & kokabel,

Thanks for the encouragement. I can fully appreciate the comments you make about stock levels, inrushes of new business, etc., as I'm a software developer in a smallish business myself and I can testify to these sorts of pressures. My gripe is really that, when I do ask for the reason for the delay, I am given a promise of delivery which is way too optimistic rather than an honest and realistic assessment of where my order is upto.

Anyhow, the wait continues. Sure it will be worth the wait !