My gaming pc

sharplucas

Bronze Level Poster
Ok so I want a new High end Gaming pc after getting into gaming from the start of 2011 I know quite a bit about computer, My laptop that I got for Christmas I am looking to upgrade it now. I have assembled A computer but I need some tips and pointers on it My budget is £1450 it has to have a monitor and it has to have a keyboard!
This is hat I came up with alone:

Case
NZXT PHANTOM WHITE GAMING CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR!

Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1.5TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1502FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply
COOLERMASTER 750W GX SERIES™ -80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72) **SPECIAL***

Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor
22" Widescreen TFT 1920 x1080 2MS D-Sub, DVI, 21.6" Panel (£99)

DVI-D & HDMI Monitor Cables
1 x 2 METRE DVI-D CABLE (£5)

Keyboard & Mouse
LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£10)

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity 1

Price:£1587
Please give me any advice or pointers! :3

Last edited:

Rakk

The Awesome
Could you let us know what you're going to be using the PC for, may help people give useful help :)

Are you planning on overclocking - if not you could drop down to the i7-2600 and the RAM down to the Samsung 1333MHz.
Also depending on your uses you may find you don't use even half of the 16GB of RAM :)

Also up the warranty to Silver, its only a fiver, and it extends the return and collect to a year instead of a month.

Petchi b

Also I would upgrade the monitor. If you want a good gaming PC you defo want a full HD monitor - Iiyama 22" but 24" would be better if you can fit it in your budget.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i know many other posters on the forum may argue with me on this, but if you play alot of games keep the liquid cooling as you need it to fit the side fan that covers the gpu on the phantom case.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
i know many other posters on the forum may argue with me on this, but if you play alot of games keep the liquid cooling as you need it to fit the side fan that covers the gpu on the phantom case.

I think liquid cooling is a must for the phantom :D It's needed to keep your system cool for big intensive games

sharplucas

Bronze Level Poster
Ok,Thanks Guys but My budget is only 1,400 and I want as much storage as possible and my computer to run pretty much most games at Max settings
-Crysis 2
-Call of Duty
-Terraria
-Minecraft
-Team fortress 2
-Portal 2
-Lost planet 2

and some upcoming games!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
apart from crysis portal and LP2 id say you should be getting well over 60 frames on those games but you would need a 100hz+ monitor to notice really.

sharplucas

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah I also forgot to mention this but I want to be using Fraps too, and Can't I use a normal dell monitor will that make it look as good?!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
it will be fine but im guessing your dell is 60hz meaning visually it wont go any higher than 60 frames i belive.

Rakk

The Awesome
it will be fine but im guessing your dell is 60hz meaning visually it wont go any higher than 60 frames i belive.

Though you don't need it above 60FPS anyways, most people cant tell the difference between 60 and over 60 (yes, I know some say they can, but to be honest it's going to look perfectly fine at 60 anyway)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
depends how much exercise your eyes get tbh, if you use 3d alot and your eyes are used to it you will see more frames but as bog standard rakk is correct think the eyes cant normally see over 55frames or something like that.

NMEBowen

Master Poster
fraps will lower your fps but the only way to really test would be to run a benchmark ingame with and without fraps so you can see the differences as far as the monitor goes you will get 60hz out of it, your eyes cant really tell the difference between that and anything higher.

sharplucas

Bronze Level Poster
so if I get a better monitor like a IIYAMA E2271HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, HDMI/DVI-D HD 1920x1080 will this help out my Fps?!

NMEBowen

Master Poster
no you would have to go over to a 3d monitor to view over 60fps but thats your eyes... a monitor doesnt help you fps in anyway your gfx card determins your fps and just because you dont have a 120hz monitor doesnt mean your pc wouldnt go over 60fps just it wouldnt show over 60fps not that your eyes can see that high a fps unless there trained through alot of visual exersize ie using 3d glasses for long lengths of time.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
There are monitors that are 100hz and they seem to be very common here in spain, although ive never seen them in UK

NMEBowen

Master Poster
yer there about, ive seen 600hz tv`s also just helps smoothing video but the majory of set top boxes consoles etc are 60hz because theres no need for any higher.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
So the 600hz tv was for real then, i thought it was an error for 60hz

When i can get a new monitor i may consider getting a 100hz monitor, although i think id rather stick with my 3x 1360x768 setup