My God, look at this!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A work colleague of mine unfortunately recently divorced and so has just moved into his own place not too far from me.

He's an audio nut as well, and once he's settled wants to build a system with a good record player and valve amp.

His father and grandfather were both big amateur audio people also, and had valve radios and various bits.

He was clearing out the attic and came across this box full of unknown state old original Mullard and Pinnacle (not familiar with them) valves that have just been collecting dust in his attic for 25 years.

He knows they have value, but with all he's gone through, he just hasn't got the patience to go through cleaning them and testing them and then arranging any kind of sale, which I totally get, it's quite an adjustment for him.

So he knew of my musical endeavors and that I had a valve amp and mentioned he had a few old ones that I could have if I wanted. I of course jumped at the idea, with the hope there may be some original Mullards.

And then tonight he's just dropped this off!!! I can't even guess how many are in here, but I put the mouse next to it for some perspective, there's got to be over 200 easy. They're very dusty, need a good gentle clean with contact cleaner, and I'm not certain what exact model they are yet or weather I'll be able to use them in my amp, but if I can't, I'll clean them up and find a good home for them. Of course, a lot of them will have leaked, but that's unavoidable.

But there's even the actual original specification manuals from Mullard in there. Real bit of history.

20220531_194739.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Good grief! That is quite the barn find!

You’ll occasionally find a Pinnacle brand valve in vintage guitar amplifiers, other than that I don’t know much about them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good grief! That is quite the barn find!

You’ll occasionally find a Pinnacle brand valve in vintage guitar amplifiers, other than that I don’t know much about them.
It's gonna take a while to identify them all, there's loads of different makes and models including Mazda!

I don't think any are going to be compatible with my amp, but doesn't bother me at all, I'll still clean them and find them a good home.

I'll message you the details of what's here if you like once I've got it on the off chance you could use any of them?

slimbob

Enthusiast
A work colleague of mine unfortunately recently divorced and so has just moved into his own place not too far from me.

He's an audio nut as well, and once he's settled wants to build a system with a good record player and valve amp.

His father and grandfather were both big amateur audio people also, and had valve radios and various bits.

He was clearing out the attic and came across this box full of unknown state old original Mullard and Pinnacle (not familiar with them) valves that have just been collecting dust in his attic for 25 years.

He knows they have value, but with all he's gone through, he just hasn't got the patience to go through cleaning them and testing them and then arranging any kind of sale, which I totally get, it's quite an adjustment for him.

So he knew of my musical endeavors and that I had a valve amp and mentioned he had a few old ones that I could have if I wanted. I of course jumped at the idea, with the hope there may be some original Mullards.

And then tonight he's just dropped this off!!! I can't even guess how many are in here, but I put the mouse next to it for some perspective, there's got to be over 200 easy. They're very dusty, need a good gentle clean with contact cleaner, and I'm not certain what exact model they are yet or weather I'll be able to use them in my amp, but if I can't, I'll clean them up and find a good home for them. Of course, a lot of them will have leaked, but that's unavoidable.

But there's even the actual original specification manuals from Mullard in there. Real bit of history.

View attachment 33699

Bloody hell! What an absolute treasure especially the spec manual! You must be made up, I hope some haven't leaked and are in good working order. There is something about old valve amps isn't there, the warmth, richness, wide dynamic range and of course the wonderful relaxing glow! Look forward to follow up with the result!