My gtx 880m

L33s2good

Gold Level Poster
Just got my new laptop, one thing tho, bottom right screen it shows intel hd graphics, how will I know it's using my gtx 880m for games and not my intel on board

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Most games won't run on the intel graphics, certainly not on any decent specs. You'll visually notice a major problem if it's running on intel graphics.

If you're unsure, open the nVidia control panel, 3d settings, show physx visual indicator... that'll show you when the gpu is using physx rather than the intel.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Most games won't run on the intel graphics, certainly not on any decent specs. You'll visually notice a major problem if it's running on intel graphics.

If you're unsure, open the nVidia control panel, 3d settings, show physx visual indicator... that'll show you when the gpu is using physx rather than the intel.

That will only be shown when PhysX is running, which isn't used in most games.

Also make sure your Nvidia drivers are completely up to date. I think there was a laptop driver released not long ago. That will make sure you have the best Optimus profiles to make sure that games use the Nvidia card.