My Lafité Pro 14" Review

GoeGad

I bought myself a new laptop one year ago to replace my seven year old rig that has become painfully slow. My main goal was to be able to handle all my photos in Lightroom. Not a professional Photoshop monster setup, just as good a system I could afford.
The Lafité Pro 14" has what I think I need. Nice processor, enough RAM, dedicated graphics card and SSD. As a bonus, the chassis is quite small and ligthweight. Even the AC adaptor is decent sized.
Apart from the basic specs, this small computer has a lot of nice extras that I really appreciate. To begin with, Thunderbolt and USB-C. It is really a bliss to connect the PC to my external monitor using only one cable for everything. Further, there's a built-in card reader that takes SD cards like in my camera, there's a real LAN port if I want the fastest connection to a NAS, and there's a headphone jack (not always the case on modern laptops). And as a nice surprise - the power on button is surprisingly on the side of the chassis, not above the keyboard as usual. This means that if I want to dock my computer to my monitor at home, I don't need to open the lid, just connect the Thunderbolt cable and press the button on the right side of the chassis. A small detail that I like more than I thought I would.
Are there any drawbacks with this PC, then? Well, it comes as no surprise that with a small chassis comes small cooling fans. When the computer runs hot, the fans will rev up and become quite noisy when they run at full speed. In the beginning I had problems when the fans suddenly started to run at 100% and the computer shut down. Now I have reinstalled the operating system and the problem seems to be gone. It could have been a faulty driver. I cross my fingers and hopes the problem will not return.

Chassis & Display
Lafité Pro Series: 14" Matte Full HD 120 Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Quad Core Processor i7-1165G7 (2.8GHz, 4.7GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB INTEL® 665p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 2000MB/sR | 1925MB/sW)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor
1 x 90W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf European Power Cable
Battery
Lafité Pro Series Integrated 49WH Lithium Ion Battery
Sound Card
2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 2 x USB 3.2
Keyboard Language
LAFITÉ PRO SERIES SINGLE COLOUR BACKLIT SWEDISH / FINNISH KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
US International/USA - US English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    719.8 KB · Views: 117