My laptop is broken entirely

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
BTW, when posting optional updates, I've removed them all as you haven't blanked out your username which is your full personal email address, be really careful what you post publicly.

Use something like greenshot to limit screen grabs to what you need to show

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
control center 3.0? yh no particular reason i suppose
Ok, so there's a few things here.

You're on an beta version of windows which isn't supported and WILL have bugs. You don't want this if you want a stable system and control center very likely won't play nice.

Possibly due to being on beta, your windows updates are failing for whatever reason, so windows isn't properly configured.

As such, I reckon control center is probably not fully connecting with system resources.

You used Rufus to install windows 11 and then upgraded. This is not a clean way of installing. Just install windows 11 straight off and use the microsoft tool to build the USB, Rufus can often add complications and is needless anyway.

Can you very lastly take a screenshot of Disk Management of the C drive?

nuffz

thanks i know i need to step up my game with security , i installed win 10 with rufus then upgraded to win11 with the update center in windows settings

nuffz

Screenshot (19).png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, so also your C partitions aren't correct, you've got a duplicated recovery partition which suggests you're not deleting all partitions when installing, this will lead to complications also.

So for a first port of call, I would suggest a full clean install of windows. Get some advice on how to do this correctly. On a custom laptop, it's not like an off the shelf product, things have to be done at a much more exact level to gain proper performance otherwise there will be thermal and glitches in CPU spikes etc.

Then once you're sure it's properly configured in Windows, then retest with some stress tests like Prime95 on CPU and Furmark on GPU. Use HWMonitor or some professional tool to monitor temps throughout. If thermals are still throttling then you know it's to do with the physical cooling setup. Personally I would buy a tube of Thermal Grizzly which is far better than MX5, and buy direct from Amazon or some other reputable tech site. Don't buy any marketplace seller.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
W11 clean install instructions

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool (Second option on linked page) to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia/AMD website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

This is also worth a watch

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And make sure you're running the latest control center version from clevo and not from your PCS downloads as that will be out of date.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's perfectly healthy, it's not overheating.

Intel CPU's have a thermo boost which is restricted at 90c, that's why it's flagged in red, but quite frankly it's absolutely impossible to maintain temps under 90c at stock, not without applying an undervolt, so that thermo boost is frankly marketting nonsense.

nuffz

OK guys, this is the citation after doing everything you suggested. those screenshots are while playing cid mires civ 6 at full graphics, fans no longer take over while watching you tube and light stuff but are full whack on a game. obviously i would expect this, is there anything else i can do?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OK guys, this is the citation after doing everything you suggested. those screenshots are while playing cid mires civ 6 at full graphics, fans no longer take over while watching you tube and light stuff but are full whack on a game. obviously i would expect this, is there anything else i can do?
As above, you can apply an undervolt now temps are where they should be.

Jasontvnd

Bronze Level Poster
It would be nice to know how the CPU performs under load , A cinebench r23 result would be a good indicator of performance due to its relatively long 10 minute runtime allowing us to see just how much throttling is actually happening , If the CPU is hitting 95c but maintaining a 3.8-4.2 ghz all core turbo then its absolutely fine , If however its downclocking itself down to sub 3ghz it might indicate an issue.

My old laptop was a HP Omen 17 with a 10750H and it would get into the 90's but at that point its throwing 70w at the cpu and maintaining around 4ghz , Well above what would be considered acceptable.

New CPU's in laptops will bounce of the thermal limits in order to maintain the highest possible performance , Undervolting is certainly an option that will help though , I personally ran a 0.07v undervolt and got good results but its silicone dependant so just experiment.

nuffz

I have liquid damage on my optimus series 15.6 i7 motherboard I can't find the dead short anywhere. Where can I buy another motherboard from ?