My New Computer & the PICNIC

margow

Firstly my pictures don't upload - even when I have reduced them in size so you will have to take my word that there is enough space in the case to hold a party and the cpu cooler looks awsome. As for people who have commented on various forums that the mobo is ugly - pfff; it's a work of art. It's my first ssd and I'm not disappointed with how fast it is - I'm still at the stage of rebooting my computer just to admire how fast it is! The cooling is outstanding - even runiing Prime95 I can't get the cpu over 45 C (23 C in normal use) and the gpu with two monitors attached is running at 40 C.

I have simultaneously downloaded a film; streamed a film; run a McAfee virus check; run Ad-Aware and played WOW without getting any problems. The build is very tidy inside and the (standard) communications from pcs kept track of a process which delivered in good time. The packaging was robust and the delivery was to a 1 hour slot. All excellent.

Would/should I have done anything different? Well yes - I should have gone for a bigger ssd. I thought 120GB would be quite sufficient for an os and WOW but lots of programmes insist on putting bits on the first drive even if main files can be put on the hdd. I currently only have 30 GB free on the ssd and feel I have to find ways of installing little used bits of the os to the hdd and directing the os to look there. I believe it can be done but that leads me onto the PICNIC.

I have had any number of problems with software installation - even with such things as a Lexmark wireless printer. 3 times I have had to do a safe boot to uninstall problematic software that brought the whole computer to a grinding halt and once I just re-installed from a system image when even a safe boot couldn't sort it. I envisage more of the same if I try to move part of the os to the hdd. Perhaps it would be quicker and less stressful to buy a 240 GD ssd?!?

COOLERMASTER HAF 932 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7-2700k Quad Core (3.50GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR!
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
1st Hard Disk Partitions 120GB
2nd Hard Disk 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD2002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk Partitions 120GB, 1880GB
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 10x LG BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£65)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
Processor Cooling TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI-E CARD (£16)
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£109)
Office Software Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2010 (Incl Disc & 1 License for 3 devices) (£89)
Anti-Virus BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
External Hard Drive NONE
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Pricing Information

Price (excluding VAT) £1,413.33
Price £1,696.00