My new Fusion T!

mrshll1001

The Fusion T has been quite possibly the best computer-related purchase I have made in a long time. My reasons for purchasing were that my previous laptop was giving up the ghost (wouldn't charge) and I needed a solid machine for development on; portability being a factor.

I got the Fusion T with an i5 processor and 4GB of RAM, without an operating system as I'm a bit of a Linux-freak. The system runs superbly fast and there were basically zero issues getting it up and running with my favourite OS. It's more than capable of letting me churn out code and dissertation work at Uni - I was pleasantly surprised at this as I thought only 4GB of RAM was a bit low for my needs. The two USB 3.0 ports and various other standard I/O are more than adequate for any standard tecchie needs.

As for the machine itself - it's simply beautiful to both look at and work on. The HD Screen (touchscreen!) is stunning and when combined with the frankly gorgeous keyboard it's very simply a pleasure to work on this machine. The metal casing looks and feels spectacular, and the form factor of the machine makes it very easy to transport safely in a Uni bag.

When compared to prices for other Ultrabooks on the market, this is basically a steal at (approx) the £500 mark. I know where I'm coming for my next build.

Attached are some photos of the machine in use at my uni library -

IMG_20140221_105519.jpgIMG_20140221_105605.jpgIMG_20140221_105633.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mrshll1001

So I ordered the Fusion T because I needed a solid development machine for Uni which was fairly portable. The Fusion T caught my eye as a beautiful, configurable machine which cost a lot less than other ultrabooks on the market.

I am not disappointed. My Fusion T was configured with an i5 and 4GB of memory, and without an OS so I could put Ubuntu on it. The machine runs beautifully smooth and even surpasses my old machine which had more memory to play with!

The actual machine itself is stunning, the metal casing is sturdy but light - making it an ideal laptop for lugging around Uni and doing some work in the library. The HD Screen combined with the spectacular keyboard make coding or generally working on this laptop to be a sublime experience. All the standard IO ports are there which means that the tecchies don't need to panic (excepting of course those who need to use an optical drive)

All in all, 10/10. No regrets.

View attachment 4588View attachment 4589View attachment 4590

leighbee13

Hi I'm considering getting a Fusion-T and I just wanted to ask about the build quality. I tend to treat my laptops fairly roughly, so I'm nervous as to whether the Fusion-T would just snap in 2 when I inevitably accidentally drop it. There's no videos of it being used or proper images of it anywhere.