my new gaming rig

toondw

Bronze Level Poster
its been a while since i had a proper rig, been using laptops for the last 2 years but now the wife has allowed me the room for my puter! i love you wife! :tt1:

specs.....

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache)***SPECIAL PRICE***
Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH Z77: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)
Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER (£59)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Monitor
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£159)
Speakers
LOGITECH S220 2.1 SILVER/BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£19)
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity

Price: £1,414.02 including VAT and delivery.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Looking to overclock in the future? Everything seems to be their for an overclock so i presume you intend to.

I would advise you get a newer generation of card, my own preferance at the moment is the 7870. However it is a good bit more cash and i'm not sure if you could stretch to it, if not the 570 will max out just about every game out at the moment at 1080p.

everything else looks spot on

toondw

Bronze Level Poster
Looking to overclock in the future? Everything seems to be their for an overclock so i presume you intend to.

I would advise you get a newer generation of card, my own preferance at the moment is the 7870. However it is a good bit more cash and i'm not sure if you could stretch to it, if not the 570 will max out just about every game out at the moment at 1080p.

everything else looks spot on

Overclocking is something I would like to try, never done it myself before but there is plenty of good advice around.

as for graphics card, my budget has gone over so no changes there. I will save up my pennies and in 6 months or so I would like to go 3 screens! so a new graphics card will be ordered then.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You talking about a 2nd 570? or just upgrading to a 7870 or a 7950 something like that?

To run 3 monitors from your current card is not possible (i think you already know that by the looks of it) so you would need to add a 2nd 570 atleast, and for that your PSU is not big enough. You will need an 850w unit minimum. If you just plan to swap out the GPU then that would work fine, but would be fairly expensive.

toondw

Bronze Level Poster
You talking about a 2nd 570? or just upgrading to a 7870 or a 7950 something like that?

To run 3 monitors from your current card is not possible (i think you already know that by the looks of it) so you would need to add a 2nd 570 atleast, and for that your PSU is not big enough. You will need an 850w unit minimum. If you just plan to swap out the GPU then that would work fine, but would be fairly expensive.

Yup, it would just be the gpu I would swap. to be honest however I doubt I would really go 3 monitors, just a dream......but I like it! saw 3 monitor setup at the gadget show and played the new sniper game: it looked great!

Raptor

Enthusiast
£1451, Yes slightly more expensive but listen out.

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 912 PLUS MID TOWER GAMING CASE - You don't need a monster sized case in your room plus a mid tower case is just good enough :) plus saves you money

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i5-2500k Quad Core (3.30GHz @ max 4.60GHz) - Best CPU for gaming... Literally..

Motherboard
ASUS® MAXIMUS V GENE: M-ATX, INTEL Z77 ROG MOTHERBOARD Sabertooth is a dust magnet, what will happen when all that dust will fill up that tunnels within the armuor? how will you clean them out? you'll have to take the whole thing apart... and that will happen i assure you.

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 680 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready - best card in the market and will slap any game in the face with it's super swag, plus it slaps the 7970 around.

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£69)

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39) - Right in here..... Some people have reported that liquid cooling to be quite loud.
A liquid cool pc will not make much difference from an air cooled pc, it'll still make noise and it'll still have small significance in the temps, unless the case has a bad air flow.
and it all depends on the quality of the cooler.

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Monitor
IIYAMA E2473HDS 24" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080 (£159)

Speakers
LOGITECH S220 2.1 SILVER/BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£19)

Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Quantity 1