My new order, is it alright?

boneill

Basically I want it for simple gaming, browsing the web, and watching stuff. I like the Enigma as I see it as upgradable, its got a great screen and generally good reviews. I want the SSD as I think it will make it run like a mofo but is it good to do it at the cost of the processor?

Also the build time now says 4-6 days, when I ordered it last Monday it said 8-10 days, the flow diagram when I log estimates it more at 3 weeks total build time, and my baby is in preproduction. When is it going to be ready?

Chassis & Display
Enigma II: 15.6" Full HD LED Backlit Widescreen (1920x1080) Super Clear Glossy
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i3 Mobile Processor i3-350M (2.26GHz) 3MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 2GB)
Graphics Card
1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5650 PCI Express - DirectX® 11
Memory - Hard Disk
60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 3 in 1 SD Card Reader
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD (AS STANDARD)
USB Options
4 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Bluetooth & Infrared Options
INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH ADAPTER (£7)
Battery
Enigma Series 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (4,800/5,200 mAh)
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 90W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Notebook Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM
Insurance
1 Month Free Laptop Insurance inc. Accidental Damage & Theft
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 4 to 6 working days
Quantity

Price: £747.00 including VAT and delivery.

Tom DWC

There's nothing wrong with it per se, but 60GB of total hard drive space is rather limited, especially when you factor in the available space post format and the Windows installation.

This wouldn't be as big a deal if you're planning on using external storage but even then, once you start adding multimedia files and installing programs and games it's going to be a bit of a squeeze.

Last edited:

Saivishal

Bronze Level Poster
Yep I would agree with Tom on the space constraint... 60Gb per se is not enough disk space by todays standards (Windows installation,games,movies) .. you might struggle on that front.. Minimum I would recommend is a 120Gig HD but that might cost you a bit if you go the SSD route..
I would recommend you to go for the 320/500 GB WD Black (7200 RPM).. they are also good and fast HDDs.

On the Processor front i3-350M is not a bad choice since this processor will not be a bottleneck to Gaming as much as the GPU.
You are looking at light gaming or running games at med settings at 1600x900 res. But I would recommend the i5-450M nontheless ;)

Meds

Hey,

Some good advice above. I agree and think you would be better off with a WD Scorpio Black HDD as I am almost certain you will fill the 60GB SSD within a matter of days, some games are between 5-10GB alone these days. With the money you save from switching the HDD, you can upgrade the CPU to an i3-450 or even an i5-520.

If you are wanting to change your order, I would call our Sales Team asap as it is currently in Testing and will be dispatched shortly.

boneill

Awaiting dispatch... its too late to do any major changes! But thanks for the advice. I have an external HDD and have a good theory that with broadband and my external I should have a world of space for my needs. My current lappie has only 120 gig and I barely use any of it, so I hope it won't kill me.

As far as I know you can't get the i3-450 on an Enigma II.

Given all I will stick to it and am glad the processor won't kill my gaming. All I need now is for my baby to arrive :)

Meds

If it's in Awaiting Dispatch, I doubt you'll have to wait much longer!

Saivishal

Bronze Level Poster
Awaiting dispatch... its too late to do any major changes! But thanks for the advice. I have an external HDD and have a good theory that with broadband and my external I should have a world of space for my needs. My current lappie has only 120 gig and I barely use any of it, so I hope it won't kill me.

As far as I know you can't get the i3-450 on an Enigma II.

Given all I will stick to it and am glad the processor won't kill my gaming. All I need now is for my baby to arrive :)

I guess Meds meant i5-450 ;)