My New PC Arrived Yesterday!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
It worked out of the box, really good PC.

There is some strange quiet high pitched ringing noise coming from somewhere in the PC, sometimes it is not there, other than that it runs quietly.

I have tinnitus too so this noise is REALLY annoying.

I read online and someone said ''something is shorting out on your motherboard'' I'll email PCS, I hope nothing is wrong..................

When I listen closer the high pitched noise is not continous, I can hear it when I put my ear near the RAM, it kind of cutsin and out but from a distance sounds like a continous noise

performance wise the thing is great it doesn't even get hot, I was playing Crysis on max settings full HD with NO LAG

intel i5-2500 3.3ghz quad core

8gb kingston 1600mhz RAM

650w corsair enthusiast

cooler master triple copper heatpipe cpu cooler

palit gtx 560 ti 2gb

PICTURE TIME

PC in the box

SDC10935.jpg

contents of the welcome pack

SDC10937.jpg

SDC10938.jpg

PC out of the box

SDC10940.jpg

out with the old in with the new!!

SDC10939.jpg

right now my pc is very out of place as my HDMI cable doesn't reach my new TV but once I get a new one ill start an entertainment setup thread and you can see my shiz in all it's glory!!

shallfull

+rep

Very nice indeed!
Waiting for my own patiently, .. Maybe not so patiently but I'm waiting! Just finished building today, so perhaps It'll be dispatched tomorrow!
I imagine if there IS something wrong pcs would easily sort it.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Have you tried asking your next door neighbour if they have a dog whistle they keep blowing??

I'm sure you'll find it out and fix it mate :) +rep for pics!

I'm actually pretty jealous now! 9th day of pre-production for me :( ITS AGONY!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Good stuff Dante. Rep for pics and review.

Hopefully either you or PCS can figure out the noise without it needing to go anywhere...im sure its just a teething problem that can be fixed with a sharp shove of something! :D

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
plus rep and let me know how it performs as Ill be ordering a very similar spec.

it runs Crysis in full HD on max settings with no lag :D that's all you need to know ;)

I didn't have antialiasing on I don't think, will probably run very well with it on too.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
OK the high pitched noise is the CPU cooler

when I was playing Dead Island just now the noise was louder, I then quit the game and i could hear the fan slowing down and the noise got quieter.

I have emailled PCS let's hope they don't take a week to reply this time!

yeah xD that's my old dell precision 470, it could actually run crysis on medium pretty well, it was a good PC but was plagued with errors BSOD and crap and was seriously outdated!

thanks for 10 reps guys :O

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
+rep

Very nice indeed!
Waiting for my own patiently, .. Maybe not so patiently but I'm waiting! Just finished building today, so perhaps It'll be dispatched tomorrow!
I imagine if there IS something wrong pcs would easily sort it.

after it's built it needs to be tested and put through quality control, then it will say awaiting dispatch and should dispatch the same day then you should get it the next morning

good service from PCS also, received it in 9 working days, or they worked on it for 9 working days and the day after that I got it

MadMan

Super Star
it runs Crysis in full HD on max settings with no lag :D that's all you need to know ;)

I didn't have antialiasing on I don't think, will probably run very well with it on too.

wow if it plays crysis on max settings then its a very good card. However to sli i have to pay an extra £70 to get the Z68 board as this only supports crossfire so I might go for the 6950 :/