My new PC will not boot!

edmfinch

Order no. 348153 Delivered 3 September 2010
See spec below.

Perhaps I should have flagged this earlier but from first switch on the PC has not immediately booted up. After switch on the fans start, there is one beep then it comes up with Asus boot loading message but just sits there... doesn't matter how long I wait it just doesn't boot. So press Reset and the PC restarts the fans, one beep, loading message and then up comes the Asus title screen and we are away.
Irritating, but I was keen to use the new machine for work every day so I put up with it.

This morning, just under a month after delivery, I switch on but there's no beep or boot. Because nothing has loaded there is no reset - just a blank screen. All the fans are kicking in but for some reason the motherboard is not booting.
Is there anything I can do this end to try and diagnose the problem?

I will return it if I must, but every time it travels it risks damage and I have my work on the hard drive [backed up thankfully].

In your hands...

COOLERMASTER HAF 932 FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
ASUS® P6X58D-E: DDR3, USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, 3-Way SLI
12GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, INTEL X.M.P (6 x 2GB KIT)
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5870 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
60GB OCZ VERTEX 2 SATA II 2.5" SSD (upto 285MB/sR | 275MB/sW)
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE

Gishank

Bright Spark
From the sounds of things it sounds like something has failed or a cable has come loose. First things first, check for loose cables - Open the side of your case after having unplugged the power and grounded yourself to prevent static discharge. After opening the case, look inside and make sure that all the cable are in correctly, if any are loose push them in.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I would recommend a call to our call centre on 0844 499 4000 for diagnosis and advice.

edmfinch

After checking through some simple tests with PCS tech support [careful patient phone support] - motherboard reset, on-board battery removal/insert, RAM banks removed - it has been decided that the motherboard ASUS® P6X58D-E may be defective. So unfortunately it's an RMA tomorrow. Will update this thread when I know more.

Darko

Hope to get it back asap mate. Dont worry PCS will do everything for their customers :)