N00b alert!!

SM9

Hello guys recently i purchased my PC from here and it finally came today and i wanted to use my T.V as my screen rather than a monitor but when i plugged my HDMI cable in to the pc and T.V nothing happened. Havnt even been able to set it up as my TV wont recognise my pc. i have no idea how to get this working any help guys?

Rakk

The Awesome
Are you plugging the cable from your TV into the graphics card or the motherboard? You will need to use the graphics card ports.

SM9

sorted it thanks! wrong HDMI hahahhaa another quick onr really ive just put my windows 8 disk in and its asked for a product key any ideas where that comes in the welcome pack or anything? thanks again!

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
The 25 character product key should be on a sticker on the back or the side of the computer case,
or on the underside of a laptop.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
sorted it thanks! wrong HDMI hahahhaa another quick onr really ive just put my windows 8 disk in and its asked for a product key any ideas where that comes in the welcome pack or anything? thanks again!

Providing you ordered an OS it will be on your chassis, but you shouldn't need to insert the windows disk at all. if you are using your own OS then it will be stuck to the back of the CD case.