Need a gaming laptop for less than £1000

9Matty9

Hello, Im looking to buy a laptop for under £1000 to play games such as modded minecraft, 7 days to die, rust and other high performance games like these.

I am looking for an AMD processor as i have heard they are the best for games however im happy to hear other opinions.
Preferably 32gb of ram but 16gb is fine.
Good performing graphics card.

NOt desperate for windows 11 as i reckon i can get cheaper but open to opinions on that as well!

Any advice on whether a gaming PC might be better and would be under £800 would be welcome as well!

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello, Im looking to buy a laptop for under £1000 to play games such as modded minecraft, 7 days to die, rust and other high performance games like these.

I am looking for an AMD processor as i have heard they are the best for games however im happy to hear other opinions.
Preferably 32gb of ram but 16gb is fine.
Good performing graphics card.

NOt desperate for windows 11 as i reckon i can get cheaper but open to opinions on that as well!

Any advice on whether a gaming PC might be better and would be under £800 would be welcome as well!

Thanks
Laptops are more expensive than desktop for weaker parts.

So for instance a laptop 4050 wouldn't equate to a desktop card at all, as there's nothing that low.

But a 4070 desktop would be around a 4080 laptop card.

For £1k, you're going to struggle even at 1080p with modern games.

Just tailoring your expectations.

For a gaming PC, it's not worth going below about 1k either, better to consider a console, or perhaps accept a PC with integrated graphics that you can add a dedicated GPU down the line when you have some cash. That way you could play basic 1080p games on low until you had the cash for a proper GPU.