Need a second opinion please :)

Hey guys

Ok as i mentioned in another post a few days back i get strange audio stuttering and system stuttering whilst on youtube and whilst on games. I have tried in vain to solve it, downloading drivers, changing speakers etc

Whilst looking through device manager i came across something that i am pretty sure is causuing the problem. Ok i came across something called Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller which in device manager shares a drop down list with the wireless network card. My computer seems to stutter when my internet connection cuts out (being every half an hour or so thanks to the "wonderful" TALKTALK ¬¬) Also the audio on this computer is onboard and is done by VIA technologies.

Now if i remember correctly Realtek also do onboard sound. So my question or questions is this.
Is it safe to disable Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller?
Also could buying a soundcard help?

Thanks in advance :D

misterdave

Enthusiast
Hi

The Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller is the systems network port so if you disable it you will loose your wired connection. Now if you have a wireless card that fine but if you don't I would advise against doing so.

Realtek do make audio chips but not on this motherboard

Hope this clears thing up.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Are you connecting via wireless?

If you could PM me your order number I can look into it in more depth and possibly provide a fix for you.