Need advice regarding accessing DVD DRIVE HDD bay to either fix/replace -VORTEX15"

PhilP

Need advice regarding accessing DVD DRIVE HDD bay to either fix/replace -VORTEX15"

Hello,

I have the Vortex15" Clevocase.

Im reasonably happy with the laptop although have had one issue with the system which is gradually getting worse.
I've contacted customer support who have advised for me to open up my system...

Since the off I've noticed that when i put the laptop into its case to carry, or have it sat on a surface, the optical drive HDD
is moving inside, i hear a 'tap' against the case when i move the laptop from horizontal to vertical (i must stress this is not sudden harsh movement, but a normal gental one you might do to store laptop in bag) the HDD will touch the case. Now when just working with the system normally, the vibration of the HDD is touching the case it seems and i am hearing a constant vibration / touching against the case causing a noise. This is not standard HDD accessing noise but obviously the HDD coming loose and is touching the main case. You can change the vibration by lightly pressing against the top surface, suggesting it is touching.

I have to stress that i have noticed this from the first run, and now am noticing it getting worse. i am concerned the HDD will fail. I am tempted to scrap the drive altogether if needs be (if i can get to it) although feel frustrated that the system was not more solidly built.

I have been advised to open up the back myself, but have also been told there are no instruction online to do so... so...does anyone have any experience with this system and can offer advice as to how to get at the optical drive bay? or.. send through a link to a site that gives detailed instructions? (i have searched to the best of my abilities)

I've tried to unscrew but can only get at where the main fan systems, gfx card and ram.

any help appreciated

Thanks,
Phil

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you unscrew the hdd bay cover and open it, there's a small screw on the left, that releases the optical bay, should just slide out then.