Need help and suggestions

SuperFuzz

Hello,

I don't know much about PC's and this is the first one I am going to get built. My budget is around £2500 - £2700.

I do not know if I need overclocking for starters. What I want is a gaming pc that is future proof and likely to last a long time. I am looking to run my games maxed out; but currently the only games I play on PC are Guild Wars 2, FFXIV and I will be playing New World when it comes out.

I definitely want these specs:

A 10th gen i9 processor - but do not understand the difference between the two that can be preordered
An 8GB NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super
32GB RAM
1 TB SSD (at least)
The absolute best/most cooling I can get, as a couple of the games I play only using a single core...which seems to produce a lot of heat.

Beyond that, I don't really know what I need. I don't know enough about motherboards or power supplies to know what is good to choose.

Can someone help me?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would suggest an AMD build, they're far superior to intel's processors and the motherboard have much more modern features, there really is no comparison when it comes to a decent system.

What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you're unsure? Or do you need one as well and if so is that included in the budget?

SuperFuzz

I didn't want an AMD because while the difference is small, an Intel will run games that use just a single core slightly better.

I don't understand what refresh rate I need either. I was thinking to use my Smart TV as a monitor for a few months before buying a monitor. This is so I can spend my budget on the base machine itself to get something amazing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I didn't want an AMD because while the difference is small, an Intel will run games that use just a single core slightly better.

I don't understand what refresh rate I need either. I was thinking to use my Smart TV as a monitor for a few months before buying a monitor. This is so I can spend my budget on the base machine itself to get something amazing.
Not with the 2080, at that resolution the CPU is less important, the 9900k or the 10900k (which actually performs worse than the 9900k) will actually perform zero better than an AMD counterpart.

The only time they're relevant is at 1080p 240Hz which is purely used for competitive play.

In any other gaming scenario, AMD is 10 times better.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I understand but I think I definitely want an Intel. What monitor frame rate will I need when I get one?
One last time and then I'll stop, Intel chips are on a 5 year old design, really really poor.

They have hundreds of security issues, a lot of which can't be patched at all, but those that are are patched through OS updates and each patch further reduces performance. The general security advice is that you have to disable Hyperthreading on all Intel chips, even the latest ones as they haven't changed the design to deal with the security issues.