need help from admins....lol

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
Ok i need some help here regarding my issue with memory conflicting with my cpu cooler (titan fenrir) after pcs phoned me i told him to change to the "stock" ddr3 ram which would allow the cpu cooler to fit, guy said he'd have it done and get pc into testing today.

well i checked order status and it was still sitting at "in building" so i decided to phone when i got back from work, person told me that thier were no notes on the system for the ram to be changed, basically the pc has been sitting all day with nothing getting done to it" but he apologised and added the note to change ram due to space issues and he'd get the pc into testing personally.

After he had done it i checked the order online and the note had been added but hes made a mistake i think and put this--- Change to 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz (2 x 2GB KIT) from 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DOMINATOR DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY

I think its still going to be a problem, looked at pictures for it and that memory has heatfins on it to, and i wont be able to phone tomorrow until i get home at half 4. Any help clarifying this would be great.

And on a quick note i found this, linked to the titan fenrir and asus boards--

Originally Posted by FeRaL
I know this is a little old, but does anyone know if this cooler can be mounted with the fan in a North/South orientation instead of the East/West that is traditional?

Yeah, you can. On most high end Asus 1366 boards and when using tall memory modules, if the heatsink is mounted "East-West" the fan frame will interfere with the memory, so you can also mount it "North-South" and avoid that problem.

Any way for pcs to try this and then i could stick with the original memory i ordered?? and save all the hassle?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The memory that you have been changed to is the correct memory, and will fit into your computer without problems. :)

The order will progress into testing naturally as it passes through production.

Regarding the Fenrir fan - on your AMD system this will still not fit, regardless of position, and the option of ordering this has been removed from our configurator.

jcuk

Bronze Level Poster
The memory that you have been changed to is the correct memory, and will fit into your computer without problems. :)

The order will progress into testing naturally as it passes through production.

Regarding the Fenrir fan - on your AMD system this will still not fit, regardless of position, and the option of ordering this has been removed from our configurator.

Ahh i can breathe a sigh of relief then, was getting worried for a moment haha, If the Fenrir has been been removed from the options, what will you replace it with? Or will you be reviewing different air coolers to add

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's the memory we've changed, not the Fenrir. We've simply changed to the Corsair memory without the large dominator heatsink, so it all fits OK :)

Zeplini

you can also lift the fenir fan (not the heat sink) to give a extra 10/15mm clearance from the small heatsink ram, i do this on most that pass through my hands so air can circulate better