Need Help with H80i

SPiiTFiiRE88

Hi guys,

I brought a gaming PC from PCS about 2 weeks ago with an i5 3570k (non overclocked as I want to do it myself) and a h80i cooler.

The temps I am getting on the cooler are WAY off, it shoots up to 70 degrees C in prime 95 after 10 mins (this is on stock settings, non-overclocked)

I spoke to PCS and they said to either send it back to re-apply the thermal paste or I could do it myself. So anyway I decided to do it myself with some MX-4 Thermal paste, I noticed whoever put the H80i on originally completely bent one of the screws which is annoying but I have rebent it back so thats fine as I cannot be bothered with sending it back and taking ages to resolve. I have applied the paste about 3 or 4 times now and I cannot seem to get these tems any lower. Looking online people are getting the temps in the mid 50's even after overclocking, I am getting the low 70's on stock settings, this does not seem right, I had a Hyper 212 evo before this and it was in the mid 60's after an overclock on my old CPU. Does anyone have any experience with the H80i or how to apply the Thermal paste to it? I have tried out the pea sized method in the center of the CPU but to no avail.

Someone please help as its driving me nuts

Cheers

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I think this sounds like a faulty h80i to me mate. MAybe see if you can just send the cooler back to PCS and them send you a replacement?

Don't apply too much paste (just in case you did), a little pea or two at the center of the plate or a light layer around the whole thing. You might also want to check whether your fan is running on medium to maximum speed with the Corsair Link program and check that your case is getting enough fair flow. Otherwise it is most likely to be faulty.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
A bent screw could be causing your problem if the seal between the CPU and the cooler block is not as it should be due to the damaged cooler.

Also as Tom_gr7 said it could be a faulty pump.