Need help with Microphone jack for my Headset

fluxylynx

Hello,

Recently I purchased a Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Headset but for some reason when I try to talk through the microphone nothing happens, like the microphone isn't there.
In the Sound, Recording section it says that the Microphone is a default and works fine. But, when I click on it the Jack light is red and it says "Front Panel 3.5mm Jack"
The headphones work fine but the microphone doesn't. I have tried updating the drivers several times but no success, I believe it's something in the system configurations but I have no
clue what it might be.

Thanks for help!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

Recently I purchased a Turtle Beach Earforce X12 Headset but for some reason when I try to talk through the microphone nothing happens, like the microphone isn't there.
In the Sound, Recording section it says that the Microphone is a default and works fine. But, when I click on it the Jack light is red and it says "Front Panel 3.5mm Jack"
The headphones work fine but the microphone doesn't. I have tried updating the drivers several times but no success, I believe it's something in the system configurations but I have no
clue what it might be.

Thanks for help!

Forgive me if this sounds obvious but which jack is the mic plugged into?

Spuff

Expert
But, when I click on it the Jack light is red and it says "Front Panel 3.5mm Jack"
!

If your mic input shows red in Windows Sounds it would indicate 'not plugged in'. As Spyder suggests, are you plugging in to the correct socket?