Need help with my Rig plz

Jonny1984

COOLERMASTER HAF-X FULL TOWER GAMING CASE
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 590 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - (PRE-ORDER ITEM)
FREE Batman Arkham City with any Nvidia® GeForce GTX560 or above!
60GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 535MB/sR | 480MB/sW)
750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£45)
CORSAIR 850W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX850 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£99)
TITAN FENRIR EVO EXTREME HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£39)
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
LOGITECH® K200 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD (£10)
LOGITECH® OPTICAL USB MOUSE (£5)
LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM (£9)
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Price: 1,821.00 including VAT and delivery. + 743.96 for 3 monitors and nvidia 3d vision kit.

Will primarily be for Gaming and media.If possible id like to shave off 200 quid without sacrificing much performance..

Question i have:

+ How would a single GTX 590 cope with 5760x1080 @ 3D
+ Is 850w enough for this build
+ Is the cpu cooler ive chosen gunna be ok with my cpu Ocd

Puwnypower

GEFORCE GTX 590 is a beast of a card, but is the overclocking really necessary? wouldn't you be better going for a sandy bridge processor?

And don't worry about the power, if it's not enough the site would tell you.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
to shave of fmoney

have 8gb ram, who needs 16? really...

those speakers will most likely be terrible.

you could go for the non K variant, you really don't need extra power to play games.

to shave off money buy 2 monitors.

i'm playing on an i5 with half that RAM and with GTX560 Ti and it runs perfectly (crysis max settings full HD)

up to you though. depends what you want but what you have now is WAY more than what you need to play ANY game.

Petchi b

You will need two GPU's if you want to use 3 monitors, you dont need to overclock for gaming and you could drop the SSD as they are very expensive for the storage you get, the Caviar Black will do fine.

If I were you I would get 2 x 3GB 580's, 8GB of RAM and 2600 CPU, as well as 1050W PSU. You could also drop the CPU cooler to the Tripple Copper to save £20 but to be honest I would keep it as it will keep your CPU very cool, especially as you will have to SLI to use 3 monitors.

Or...you could get one 6990 and that would run 3 monitors with its Eyefinity tech.

Last edited:

Jonny1984

The GTX 590 is a dual gpu..so it can run 3 monitor mode,ty for adive ive changed to i7 2600k not ocd( will leave it future proof for me to oc) ive dropped the RAM to 8gb.

If you're going for a SSD for Windows and perhaps games (although you won't be able to fit many games onto a 60gb SSD) you could shave maybe £20 off with a cheaper data drive. Not much but it's a start. Also, a -k series Sandy Bridge with a Z68 chipset should be relatively straightforward to OC yourself, especially with that motherboard's features.

Petchi b

The GTX 590 is a dual gpu..so it can run 3 monitor mode,ty for adive ive changed to i7 2600k not ocd( will leave it future proof for me to oc) ive dropped the RAM to 8gb.

No. Due to NVIDIA cards not having Eyefinity, they can only run a maximum of 2 screens. So to be honest a single Radeon card would be much more cost effective.