Need help

David Unwin

I need some help. I have been waiting for Diablo 3 for nearly 8 years (sad I know) and I have been trying to get my pc to run it for over a week been driving myself bonkers. i got told to just get a new tower for my pc, but I know very little about pc's. I need something that would be able to run something like SKYRIM.. graphics card/RAM wise... but this might seem silly but as I said I am new to this is some ways (know no jargon pc terms) but I am worried about running my broadband. I have had issues with it for years. When I try and run firefox (which I have deleted) it used to try and dial up. I am worried as I have lost the BT insternet cd (even though I have the hub plugged in) the net will go and I will be left with a skeleton of a pc. can anyone help? Pc at the present seems to be using the intel as internet.. the port I need 1119 seems to be locked.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Hum not quite sure what you mean about your broadband..

What is your package with BT, you have a DSL connection right? I mean I doubt they offer dial-up packages anymore lol. You have your router connected to the phone line, and an ethernet cable going from the router to your PC correct?

An ethernet cable looks like that just in case:
ethernet+cable.jpg

Just had a quick look online and apparently the BT CD is not really worth using. As for the "the net going" it can't happen :p Have you tried phoning BT support? I'm sure they can guide you through every step. And btw I'd highly recommend using Firefox or Chrome, IE is really cr*p.

As for Diablo 3, what's your budget and will you only be using your PC for gaming and normal everyday use or are you into video and photo editing too?

Oh and what's your current PC specs? Might explain why the game won't run.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I think what you have is a conflic between your modem and your Router. I presume you have a box from your isp that you connect to via a cable, if so thats called a router and you probably don't even need the CD. All you would need it an ethernate cable as posted above and your new PC will auto detect your connection.

Sounds like you have a really old PC, what kind of budget do you have?