Need MORE Help With My New Pc Please Someone???

ParagonNova

Everything SEEMS To Be Running Fine But When I Ran The Windows Experiance Score Test My Graphics Are Coming Up As 1.0 Rating???? I Have A GTX560 My Monitor IS Plugged Into The Graphics Card And Is Running Fine At 1600x1200 Res????? Is Something Wrong Or Is Windows Being Stupid??

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
Seen this happen a few times, usually it's due to the windows experience skipping your gpu entirely.

'You may experience this issue if one of the following conditions is true:
You start Windows Vista/7 for the first time.
The Windows Experience Index runs before you update a driver.
You make a change to your computer's hardware configuration. For example, you add memory or remove memory.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issue:

When the Windows Experience Index runs before you update a driver;

To resolve this issue when you start Windows for the first time or when the Windows Experience Index runs before you update a driver, follow these steps:

Click Start, type performance information and tools in the Start Search box, and then click Performance Information and Tools in the Programs list.
If the following information appears, click Refresh Now to update the Windows Experience Index:

'Your Windows Experience Index needs to be refreshed.'

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or click Continue.

Windows Experience Index assesses the components in the computer.
Note the value that appears next to Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of.
Click Update my score.

Issue 2:

After you change the computer's hardware configuration;

To resolve this issue after you change the computer's hardware configuration, follow these steps:
Click Start, type the following path in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER:
%SYSTEMROOT%\Performance\WinSat\DataStore
Delete all the .xml files in the folder.

After that, follow the steps in method 1.

If those don't fix it, i'd suggest double checking your drivers are current & correct.

You say everything is running fine, so it's nothing to panic about either way - but i'd want to get it sorted if I were you also.

Last edited: