Need Motherboard Advice Please

oRyanHD

Hello I am building a PC For gaming I understand that for gaming i5s are good enough for gaming but i will also be doing other stuff such as rendering here is what I have chosen for my pc.

Processor - Intel Core i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4790k (4.0 GHz) 8Mb Cache

Memory - 32GB KINGSTRON HYPER-X FURY DUAL - DDR3 1600MHz (4x8GB)

Graphics Card - 3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 Ti - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP , 3D VERSION READY

So all I need now is a good motherboard that can run these really well (Price not a problem)

Here is the link to the motherboards I can have fitted inside my PC - http://tinypic.com/r/5yf3na/8

Which ever one you thing is the best for my computer please let me know below and why thanks so much, I also understand that people will say you don't need 32GB of ram 8GB is fine I just want a really good pc and confused on a good motherboard

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I also understand that people will say you don't need 32GB of ram 8GB is fine I just want a really good pc and confused on a good motherboard
unless you are doing heavy rendering for a living you are wasting money with 32gb, it won't improve gaming performance now or in the near future. Regarding the motherboard any will do.

oRyanHD

Thanks mate, Yes I do render currently for a living it will be top helpful to have that aside me.
Regards of the motherboard is there any thing I should go for because obviously some are better than others

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Thanks mate, Yes I do render currently for a living it will be top helpful to have that aside me.
Regards of the motherboard is there any thing I should go for because obviously some are better than others

Any will do, I would go with the Z97-A, more expensive ones offer additional features that you may never used.

oRyanHD

Thanks I will defiantly look into that! If you don't mind do you think the i7 - 4790k Is a good choice?

A314159

Super Star
Not really. A standard z97 chipset is fine. H81 chipsets just have less room for upgrades (also 16gb RAM is plenty). I wouldn't bother with the k CPU - the standard 4790 is fine.

oRyanHD

Im taking it from all this stuff im going to need good power supply and processor cooling again would be open to suggestions thanks.

A314159

Super Star
The configurator will tell you if your power supply is big enough, if you plan to upgrade then increase it. The triple copper will be fine at stock clock speeds but if you overclock (in which case you will need the 4790k as it is unlocked) then you will need something like the h80i

oRyanHD

I have chosen this and it has took me to the next page so as far as im aware this is good enough?

Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W VS SERIES™ VS-650 POWER SUPPLY

A314159

Super Star
I would get the modular version, as it is tidier in terms of cable management which gives better airflow and is also more efficient. If no problems were flagged then it will work fine.

oRyanHD

Need Help Choosing A Power supply For This Computer.

Please could anyone suggest if this power supply should be upgraded and if so what to. Please do not tell me about my ram is not needed ect this computer is going to be built for gaming / business / rendering purposes.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
if the configurator did not suggest an upgrade then it is fine. if you are planning to overclock your cpu , which I assume you will do considering the cpu cooler and cpu, then I would spend more on the case.

steaky360

I've merged this post with your previous thread as its the same build you're discussing. Please keep to one thread as it'll prevent the same questions being asked over and over.

The PSU should be fine (at least according to the configurator - which is typically conservative).