Need some technical advice

Kommissar

So recently i decided to upgrade my RAM from 8gb to 32gb, but when i started tp use them, My Laptop started to blue screen alot so i ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and it told me they were faulty (i tested them one by one as well) so i got a replacement sent from amazon same again both were faulty i made sure that it wasnt on my end my checking to see if my old RAM still worked and they both did, i dont know if its cause of my power supply or if they just managed to send me 4 sticks of RAM that were all fautly

SPECS of RAM bought from amazon :

Corsair Vengeance SODIMM 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2400MHz​

i also have a 1TB SSD card i installed maybe me adding that and then the new sticks of RAM was to much for my power supply??

Laptop Specs:
Chassis & Display
Nova Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad Core CPU (3.6GHz-3.9GHz/18MB CACHE/AM4)
Memory (RAM)
8GB Corsair 2400MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Ti - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE 7mm SERIAL ATA III 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 128MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated Micro-SD Memory Card Reader
AC Adaptor
1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery
Nova Series Detachable 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language
15" NOVA SERIES UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Have a read of this and post a link here to the dump file and maybe @ubuysa can shed some light

Last edited:

Vergaro98

Super Star
BSODs have a code, you remember these codes? And what do you mean by faulty? What's Windows memory tool say? As martinr36 told you the dump file would be helpful

Kommissar

BSODs have a code, you remember these codes? And what do you mean by faulty? What's Windows memory tool say? As martinr36 told you the dump file would be helpful
will i have already put in my old ram and all the blue screens were memory failuers i cant remeber what ones now, but they all directed to a problem with my RAM not only would i get blue screens but sometimes web pages would crash. the memory tool said that all of them were faulty as a pair and indevidually

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
will i have already put in my old ram and all the blue screens were memory failuers i cant remeber what ones now, but they all directed to a problem with my RAM not only would i get blue screens but sometimes web pages would crash. the memory tool said that all of them were faulty as a pair and indevidually
It sounds to me very much like incompatible RAM. I'd suggest that the RAM you bought isn't the correct spec (in terms of voltages and timings) for your board. The CPUZ tool can display exactly what RAM you have.

Kommissar

It sounds to me very much like incompatible RAM. I'd suggest that the RAM you bought isn't the correct spec (in terms of voltages and timings) for your board. The CPUZ tool can display exactly what RAM you have.
I Phones PC Spec and they said it was the RAM, and that it should have ran fine ill plug in the 32gb again to run another test, if it is that do you have any suggestions on what to get cause i do need to upgrade it from 8gb, from the looks of things its the exact same Corsair RAM DDR4 2400Mhz just the only thing thats different is the size

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I Phones PC Spec and they said it was the RAM, and that it should have ran fine ill plug in the 32gb again to run another test, if it is that do you have any suggestions on what to get cause i do need to upgrade it from 8gb, from the looks of things its the exact same Corsair RAM DDR4 2400Mhz just the only thing thats different is the size
What voltages are the new DIMMS? They'll either be 1.2V or 1.35?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok look on your RAM and you should see a label similar to this, check the details of the area ringed in red and post them here for your existing and repl

Attachments

• 1629887603809.jpeg
    1629887603809.jpeg
    743.4 KB · Views: 87