Need to get a new WIFI PCIE card for my Optimus IV

Pagey

Bright Spark
Ok then guys, I'll leave this in your very capable hands:

Considering the Intel-N 135 DOES NOT work in my Optimus, which other card would give me absolutely NO hassle to use, (zero dropouts and whatnot?)

Considering:

Killer Network N 1202
Or the Intel Advanced-N 6300

Bear in mind I'm using a £10 wifi dongle that's pretty awesome, it's just the fact it's taking over one USB slot too many.

TIA guys.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'd stay well away from Intel wifi cards, once bitten twice shy. :)

Edit: I'd be interested to know what you eventually get and how it works out. We have the same laptop and wifi card.....

Pagey

Bright Spark
I'd stay well away from Intel wifi cards, once bitten twice shy. :)

Edit: I'd be interested to know what you eventually get and how it works out. We have the same laptop and wifi card.....

Funny thing is: Last time I called PCS tech support I was actually told that the N-135 doesn't work on the Optimus IV anyway, I was also told that the Killer has problems too. Me, I'm not so sure on that one, I may just go ahead with the Killer Network-N 1202.

Cheers for your input guys, looks like my mind is made up. :)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Funny thing is: Last time I called PCS tech support I was actually told that the N-135 doesn't work on the Optimus IV anyway

If that's true then the PCS left hand needs to start talking to the PCS right hand. :taz:

sirbb

Well I had a Killer 1202 originally with my Optimus IV - nothing but trouble. Swapped it out for an Intel N6300 and had no problems at all (six months later). It seem to me to be luck of the draw which wifi card works and which doesn't . . . .