Nero 10 multimedia & THX Audio Program

Tiger Feet

Silver Level Poster
I have a CD named 'Nero 10 multimedia' that came with my new Vortex III. Would this have been put on the computer beforehand or would it need to be put on by myself?

When typing 'Nero 10 multimedia' into the start menu, nothing shows up. So what is this software and what does it do?

The other thing that I wanted to know was this;

I had a friend of mine who did some work on my computer by remote access. He uninstalled the THX Audio program that gives you surround sound and things like a sub woofer. He said it was unnecessary and basically bloatware. What does anybody else feel about this? If I wanted to add it back on the laptop, how would I do this and what software CD would I need to use to put it back as it was?

Cheers

steaky360

I have a CD named 'Nero 10 multimedia' that came with my new Vortex III. Would this have been put on the computer beforehand or would it need to be put on by myself?
When typing 'Nero 10 multimedia' into the start menu, nothing shows up. So what is this software and what does it do?
The other thing that I wanted to know was this;
I had a friend of mine who did some work on my computer by remote access. He uninstalled the THX Audio program that gives you surround sound and things like a sub woofer. He said it was unnecessary and basically bloatware. What does anybody else feel about this? If I wanted to add it back on the laptop, how would I do this and what software CD would I need to use to put it back as it was?
Cheers

Nero is CD/DVD burning software (it might do blu-rays too but I'm not sure). I guess the full Nero 10 multimedia has other additional features as well but I could only look em up on the web lol cant say from experience if they are any good or not.

I would imagine the THX audio program would be on the driver CD that should have came with the laptop. I cant say whether it is bloat ware or not though, if you can no longer control surround sound/sub-woofer now then surely it is something you might want/need? Unless you have no need to control those features (in which case there isn't a benefit to having it?).