Network adaptor

Weary

I have just had to do a fresh install of windows 10 but no drivers came with the pc and I can't download any from the net as I have no network adaptor. Please can someone post a link to the network adaptor driver that I will need or explain what I need to do (standard one provided by PCS). I have looked at various web pages but are now totally confused. Thanks.

Weary

Hope this helps

PCS P209 RGB MID TOWER CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB600L CASE
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700KF (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Intel® Core™ i9 Ten-Core Processor i9-10850K (3.6GHz) 20MB Cache
MotherboardGigabyte Z490 AORUS Master (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI, Wi-Fi) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 24GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB Intel® H10 NVMe SSD + 32GB Intel® Optane™ (up to 2400MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 2TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive8x Slim USB 2.0 External DVD-RW
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR 1200W HX SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® PLATINUM, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingPCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
LED LightingNONE
Extra Case Fans1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 3x PCS ARGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemNO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaNO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office SoftwareFREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-VirusNO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
BrowserMicrosoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Keyboard & MouseLOGITECH® MK270 WIRELESS KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO
Warranty3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 3 Year Gold Warranty (2 Year Collect & Return, 2 Year Parts, 3 Year Lab

Bhuna50

Author Level
If you log into your PCS account and then click on the Tech Support button and then from that menu select “Download”.

1611830289740.png

You will then see a ‘Your Orders’ section:

1611830302193.png

Click on Windows 10 (assuming that’s the version of windows you have) and you will then get a list of downloads/zip files that should hold all the drivers etc.

1611830309393.png

If this is not populated then contact PCS directly as it should be.

Finally, before using these run Windows updates and ensure all updates completed first, then only look at installing what you need.

Weary

If you log into your PCS account and then click on the Tech Support button and then from that menu select “Download”.

View attachment 21756

You will then see a ‘Your Orders’ section:

View attachment 21757

Click on Windows 10 (assuming that’s the version of windows you have) and you will then get a list of downloads/zip files that should hold all the drivers etc.

View attachment 21758

If this is not populated then contact PCS directly as it should be.

Finally, before using these run Windows updates and ensure all updates completed first, then only look at installing what you need.
That is just what I needed to know. Thank you very much indeed.

Weary

Oh dear - no drivers relating to my order PCS say they should have already been installed. Well maybe they were but I had to do a clean install because a cd they provided for the motherboard corrupted windows. If I have to contact them I could be waiting some time, is there really no other way?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh dear - no drivers relating to my order PCS say they should have already been installed. Well maybe they were but I had to do a clean install because a cd they provided for the motherboard corrupted windows. If I have to contact them I could be waiting some time, is there really no other way?
I thought you said you were familiar with installing windows?

Any drivers need to be sourced from component manufacturers websites.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Just realised, you didnt buy Windows from them and therefore didnt select the recovery media option (although I thought they would still populate drivers used in the downloads section, just not the Windows recovery iso).

AS @SpyderTracks says then - you will have to go to the manufacturers website. A quick google search of your motherboard for the LAN drivers took me here, but please it is your responsibility to read and check that this is the right page:

Z490 AORUS MASTER (rev. 1.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Weary

I have always believed in helping people first and then pointing out where they could find the answers themselves. I never found taking a 'superior' attitude productive when doing this. Yes I have a little experience with PC's but I have never had any formal training and clearly have a large knowledge gap. I had no idea where to start looking for these drivers as I have not had this problem before. Windows crashed when I was simply running a cd provided by PCS, I was not to blame but I had to recover from this and there is no doubt that comments from people in this arena helped in that. I am retired and with the covid crisis this became the first forum that I have ever used. I have found it both helpful and disappointing. I am grateful for the link you have found and to everyone who has offered their help but I don't feel this is a place where I could feel comfortable so wont be bothering any of you again.

steaky360

I have always believed in helping people first and then pointing out where they could find the answers themselves. I never found taking a 'superior' attitude productive when doing this. Yes I have a little experience with PC's but I have never had any formal training and clearly have a large knowledge gap. I had no idea where to start looking for these drivers as I have not had this problem before. Windows crashed when I was simply running a cd provided by PCS, I was not to blame but I had to recover from this and there is no doubt that comments from people in this arena helped in that. I am retired and with the covid crisis this became the first forum that I have ever used. I have found it both helpful and disappointing. I am grateful for the link you have found and to everyone who has offered their help but I don't feel this is a place where I could feel comfortable so wont be bothering any of you again.
I can say with 100% certainty that none of the posts above were intended to make you feel unwelcome, or inferior, its extremely difficult to convey emotion through forum chat and conversely its also very easy (understandably so!) to read things in the wrong context.

I would hope that you will reconsider should you suffer any other issues in the future as we are a very welcoming and helpful forum on the whole!

Bhuna50

Author Level
I'm really sorry if I have contributed in making you feel this way - believe me when I say that is not my intention whatsoever