network controller not found/ deep sleep issue

so i got my new laptop and had some strange issues with sc2, decided to reinstall windows... windows booted up fine but turns out i was sent a windows 8 disc instead of 7 for the drivers so i had to install the drivers manually which didnt go so well... everything seems to work except the networking drivers. i get an error 'realtek network controller was not found. if deep sleep mode is enabled please plug in cable' so ive tried unplugging power and taking out the battery waiting 10 minutes etc .. didnt work.

is this an issue with the order i installed drivers in ? any other suggestions ?

edit: by manually i mean just finding them in the disc and clicking setup. the only drivers in device manager that have issues are networking ones

also: can someone link me the right drivers

full list of specs:

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card AMD® Radeon® HD 8970M - 4GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk 1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
Wireless Router/HomePlugs NONE
USB Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire 1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Battery Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Cable 1 x UK Power Lead & 230W AC Adaptor
Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you look at the label on the bottom of the laptop it will give you the Clevo model number. You should then go to the Clevo website here from where you can download all the available drivers for your model. If there are no Windows 7 drivers listed then they probably don't exist for that model.

i called them up and apparently there was some sort of oversight with this company and windows 7 drivers, like no one has been sent them. but they said theyre going to email me a direct link with them so hopefully that fixes the issue

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
i called them up and apparently there was some sort of oversight with this company and windows 7 drivers, like no one has been sent them. but they said theyre going to email me a direct link with them so hopefully that fixes the issue

Well that's good news then! +rep for reporting back, this may help other owners of the same laptop. :)