Network facilities

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
hi,
i'm designing a gaming rig for about £1000, i'm wondering about which network option to go for.
i'll need it for gaming and downloading audio/visual files so i'd like it to be pretty good.
is the bigfoot killer 2100 (£67) that much better? or will the onboard gigabit lan & wireless 802.11n (£19) be enough for my purposes? also, what's the difference between the £19 version and the £16 version? they're both described as the same.

any help would be much appreciated

MrShteeeve

Are we talking about the Killer Lan card I presume? It's meant to cut the ping down compared to standard Lan cards, I have no experience in using one but if you have the money to spare and game a lot online (seriously) then yeah I suppose you could go for it.

As for the 2 WLAN cards, one is a PCI card one is a PCI-E card, the PCI-E card has a higher bus speed (but you'll never fully utilize the speeds unless your internet is way up in the 100MB/s download speeds and downloading AT that speed)

TrustMeItsWorthIt

Gold Level Poster
cheers man your a leg-end, i doubt ill be pulling down enough Mb/s (damn you BT!) to make it worth it
thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated