Network Issues

Maxy

So I've been having trouble with my wireless for a while now but ONLY on this PC.

It says my security key is incorrect, but I know it is correct because I've checked my router, done all the usual case sensitive etc stuff, it won't accept the password.

A bunch of other devices are on the network and same freq. from the wireless, and none of them are having an issue. The wired connection is also fine, but I need the wire for my Xbox, and have already got that wire running out of a box full of other network cables running off the same wire, so I really don't want to add more (Hub to box, box to laptop/2 Xbox/TV).

I know the wireless adapter works because I've only started having the issue recently. I have moved the computer but not very far and the issue was there before that anyway. I've tried downloading driver updates but it says they're all up to date and I don't know the manufacturer of the card, it comes up as "802.11n wireless LAN card" (the £6 option) but I'm not a super computer wizard so I'm not sure what to do!

Any help?

I've got the Virgin Superhub 2.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If you look in the device manager under Network Adapters, it'll say the model of the card, post back and we'll find a current driver for it, start there.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You don't say whether you're Windows 7 or Windows 8 so I'll give you both:

On Windows 7 open the Network and Sharing Center, click on the Manage Wireless Networks menu item on the left, click on the icon for your router and then click the Remove menu item on the top line.

On Windows 8 hover over the network icon in the taskbar to display the list of hotspots, right click on your router and click Forget this Network in the drop down list.

Bothe these actions delete the existing profile that Windows stores for the router so that when you connect again it's a brand new connection, that may well sort out your problem. Also, if you are using a third-party app to connect to wireless routers disable it and use Windows instead. I've seen tons of quirky issues caused by third party connection tools.