Network Packet Capture

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Well that’s pretty damn helpful, well done MS!

I worked for MS for a short while in Belgium. The sheer volume of genuinely useful "internal use only" tools that they have is beyond comprehension and more often than not they don't see light of day purely because their legal department put blockers on them.

But even a significant number of the ones that -are- available are hidden or they become deprecated. They used to have a tool that would draw your active directory and Exchange environment automatically in Visio. It was brilliant for producing diagrams for migration documents and designs. If I was asked outright how I did it, I'd always be honest, otherwise I was happy to let customers (and colleagues, lol) believe I'd put hours and hours of discovery effort in. :)

Charlas

Enthusiast
I worked for MS for a short while in Belgium. The sheer volume of genuinely useful "internal use only" tools that they have is beyond comprehension and more often than not they don't see light of day purely because their legal department put blockers on them.

But even a significant number of the ones that -are- available are hidden or they become deprecated. They used to have a tool that would draw your active directory and Exchange environment automatically in Visio. It was brilliant for producing diagrams for migration documents and designs. If I was asked outright how I did it, I'd always be honest, otherwise I was happy to let customers (and colleagues, lol) believe I'd put hours and hours of discovery effort in. :)

Yeah worked for MS for a few years (and still work for an International partner), and still have friends there, if I ever need to do anything niche I have a chat, as they usually have a tool to do a good portion of it :)