network sound

Chewbacca

Hi, I've been looking around for a replacement to my old network music player. Gonna need some good speakers too. I had a look at some reviews for a few naim systems but can't tell if this is the right direction.
Looking for extreme audiophile quality so not really planning on cheaping out. Already got my house wired so a full installation isn't necessary either.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

T

TheGeeza

Definitely go and have a listen at a showroom if you can. It's not worth spending that much on a system without hearing it first. Not the sort of decision to be made on a forum.
I'd have a look at a Linn klimax. If you look on their website for a retailer then I'm sure they could suggest some speakers too once you get there and have a chance to listen to them. Could ask around on their forums too for recommendations of retailers. Fairly niche market so I doubt you would have a hard time finding someone who knows their stuff. No doubt they would sell naim systems too.

Chewbacca

Sorry for the late reply.
Did what you said and went and had a chat with the guys at The future of music. Had a listen to a few of the systems too. They also suggested a klimax dsm.
Decided to go for the akurate speakers, reasonably priced considering the quality. Still waiting a bit longer to buy though.
Thanks for the advice.