New 5000X RGB, 5900X

drewbusby

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 3000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit

Evening folks, got to this point this morning and ready to share my pics of my first purchase from PCS.

Very happy with the result... one or two questions may follow............

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 187
  • image004.jpeg
    image004.jpeg
    780.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 191

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 3000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2500MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit

Evening folks, got to this point this morning and ready to share my pics of my first purchase from PCS.

Very happy with the result... one or two questions may follow............
So glad you got the panel replaced fairly quickly, it's looking good (y)

drewbusby

Cheers folks, was very happy with the initial build time and subsequent replacement of the side panel given that it was over the festive period!

The quality also feels top notch - no doubt over time I will look at the inside of the case and tidy that up once I have the knowledge/confidence to do so. My knowledge is, at best, basic - but we all had to start somewhere :)

I do have a few of initial queries regarding temps, fans, Icue and Armoury crate and will fire these out soon if that's okay.

Sadly, time for sitting on the sofa, eating cheese and crackers has passed by and it's back into the real world..................

Sam70

Amazing build @drewbusby - I have one very similar coming soon as well with PCS (currently sitting at day 10 - processing). One thing I wanted to ask you, did you add an additional fan when selecting the components? And did you specify you wanted as a rear exhaust? I know the 5000X should come with 3 included fans only (unless I am mistaken). Thanks!

drewbusby

Amazing build @drewbusby - I have one very similar coming soon as well with PCS (currently sitting at day 10 - processing). One thing I wanted to ask you, did you add an additional fan when selecting the components? And did you specify you wanted as a rear exhaust? I know the 5000X should come with 3 included fans only (unless I am mistaken). Thanks!
Hi Sam, I didn’t request an additional fan when ordering so can only assume that it comes and is fitted as standard. Unless of course it was a spare that was lying around. Cheers

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Cheers folks, was very happy with the initial build time and subsequent replacement of the side panel given that it was over the festive period!

The quality also feels top notch - no doubt over time I will look at the inside of the case and tidy that up once I have the knowledge/confidence to do so. My knowledge is, at best, basic - but we all had to start somewhere :)

I do have a few of initial queries regarding temps, fans, Icue and Armoury crate and will fire these out soon if that's okay.

Sadly, time for sitting on the sofa, eating cheese and crackers has passed by and it's back into the real world..................
I reckon once you’re comfortable, a pack of braided extension cables will make this build look a million bucks. Although be careful, once you start tinkering you won’t ever stop!

@Sam70 It seems to be fairly common practice by PCS to add rear fans to cases that don’t include them these days so likelihood is is that you’ll get one anyway (like Drew did here)

RichLan564

Bright Spark
I reckon once you’re comfortable, a pack of braided extension cables will make this build look a million bucks. Although be careful, once you start tinkering you won’t ever stop!

@Sam70 It seems to be fairly common practice by PCS to add rear fans to cases that don’t include them these days so likelihood is is that you’ll get one anyway (like Drew did here)
I agree ;-)

Sam70

Ah thanks a lot everyone, I won't amend my order for now then (y) hopefully I'll get one additional fan too. I'll post some photos when it arrives!