New Apollo W7 laptop - touchpad problems

mooingzelda

I received a new laptop in an Apollo chassis running Windows 7 yesterday. I've been experiencing issues with the touchpad since first booting it up - it keeps jerking all over the place and randomly selecting things when I haven't clicked on anything. I see there's a thread for similar issues with Windows 8 - is this the same problem and is it just a case of installing some drivers? I did get a CD with drivers but I have no CD drive, so I'm hoping I can download some from somewhere!

I did message tech support yesterday but I'm very impatient, unfortunately!

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
You can download all the drivers you need for your PC if you login to the PCS website, then on the left hand side under the section labelled 'tech support' click download.

Not sure if that will help you much as all the drivers should have been installed when you got it. Might be worth checking for the latest drivers from the websites of the relevant vendors for the motherboard chipset and touchpad drivers.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Generally that sort of touchpad behaviour is always a driver issue. As mantadog says, download the drivers from PCS or, if you can find out the manufacturer of your touchpoad (try Device Manager) you could download the driver from the manufacturer's website. You could also try to see whether Windows Update has a driver for it.

I would advise against using any third-party driver install tools or downloading drivers from anywhere other than PCS/manufacturer/Microsoft because you have no idea where the driver came from, whether it really is right for your hardware nor whether it contains anything nasty.