New build advice

Relou

hi guys,
, I'm looking to build a PC to use with an index VR SET and a G9 neo for racing game only iracing , asserto corsa competizione, and WRC10 . Not very demanding games but the G9 will need some
I had a build recommendation that I would like to share to get your opinion even that I trust fully the actual build is more to share your input in case you will recommend me something different ?
Case
FRACTAL MESHIFY S2 BLACKOUT TEMPERED GLASS
this case is not available any more what do you think about that one instead?

THERMALTAKE CORE X71 TEMPERED GLASS EDITION GAMING CAse​

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.8GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 16 to 18 working days
Price: £2,990.00 including VAT and Delivery

Thanks in advance for you help.

Last edited:

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Looks pretty awesome and bulletproof. The Meshify S2 is a great case and one of my personal favourites, though the two front intake fans are actually not the greatest: you might want to replace them with PWM fans for silence (one of the best around is the Noctua NF-S12A PWM Chromax at £22 each: you'd need two).

More importantly, it's not actually in stock. You might want to order it elsewhere (e.g. Amazon) and send it in for PCS to build in. Alternatively, you could consider other cases, such as the Corsair 5000D Airflow (which also really wants better fans).

The only other change I'd suggest would be the power supply: 850W is definitely enough, but going for 1000W would offer you extra headroom for upgrades and give quieter and more efficient performance in the meantime. For £18 (0.6% of your budget!) I'd do the upgrade, personally.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looks pretty awesome and bulletproof. The Meshify S2 is a great case and one of my personal favourites, though the two front intake fans are actually not the greatest: you might want to replace them with PWM fans for silence (one of the best around is the Noctua NF-S12A PWM Chromax at £22 each: you'd need two).
I strongly reiterate the S2, it's a fantastic case, I built a friends PC in one early last year for data science and it's just superb.

One thing to note though, the S2 comes with the Nexus + Smart Hub which is essentially a PWM converter, so you can fully adjust fan speeds through the normal motherboard software for up to 6 fans

1631308507246.png

13_thumb.jpg

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'll defer to your knowledge as you've built in the case and I've just admired it from afar! But my understanding is that, while the voltage of a DC fan can be adjusted to reduce the speed and noise, it won't be as effective as with a proper PWM fan.

In any case, I wouldn't actually buy replacement fans until I had seen how noisy the build actually is.

Relou

Thanks for all your comments, look like I will buy the S2 separate.
2 more question
What about the sound card? I realize in my build I put the standard one , which one in the list will be better? I got a 5.1 system so I guess the xonar right?
the Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler is Out of stock what you suggest as replacement?

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The motherboard supports 7.1 so I wouldn’t shell out any extra for a sound card.

I’d suggest the H115i Elite Capellix as a great alternative to the H150i Pro XT. Smaller radiator but it’s a newer model with an improved plate, better pump tech and it’s all the cooling you’ll ever need.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
do you advice extra case fan or in my build he would be not necessary?
You definitely don't need extra case fans. You might conceivably want to upgrade them at some point, but you might find the noise level just fine.

Relou

what you mean ?
I was just wondering is its not better to delay my purchase for a month to get W11 rather than a W10 ,

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
what you mean ?
I was just wondering is its not better to delay my purchase for a month to get W11 rather than a W10 ,
Windows 11 is a standard upgrade, so if you're on windows 10 and the hardware supports it, you'll automatically get updated to 11 if you opt to.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just to further explain, Windows 7 was the last OS that you needed to pay for the new OS. Since then, so long as you've got a valid license, windows versions have been free upgrades. Long may it continue. The upgrade just comes down through normal windows updates, and you get asked if you want to apply it or not.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And if you delay a month the price of your build could shoot up, or hit another parts shortage
That's a very good point, especially in the GPU market, prices are already starting to go up again:

Also CPU's will be rising soon as TSMC who manufacturer silicon for most of the big chip makers have upped their prices by 20% recently:

Relou

Great community you help me a lot guys big thanks and Kuddos to Spyder and Scott. :)

Last edited: