New build thoughts

Playing games while out at friends, elite battlefield v , wow, devision.. also abit of coding and cad. The screen is more the oled than the 4K but I feel my 7 year old dell is 1080p and feel like I should be moving on in the screen technology. Max budget was approx 1500.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Playing games while out at friends, elite battlefield v , wow, devision.. also abit of coding and cad. The screen is more the oled than the 4K but I feel my 7 year old dell is 1080p and feel like I should be moving on in the screen technology. Max budget was approx 1500.
The 2060 won't be able to run 4k in gaming, even the mobile 2080 would struggle, and 4k on a 15" screen is completely pointless, without applying dpi scaling, you won't be able to see anything (because it will be too small) so you'll have to up the dpi scaling in which case you may as well be at 1080p.

I'd highly recommend against 4k for your uses. The only time it's really appropriate on a laptop atm is for 4k media processing or graphical work.

You'll really want a minimum of 16Gb RAM, I'd suggest on such a build.

I'd suggest at least silver warranty for £5 and some form of dead pixel warranty.

I was toying with the idea the other option I looked @ was a 17” 144hz screen with a rtx2070.. not sure on which screen size would be better 15” or 17”.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was toying with the idea the other option I looked @ was a 17” 144hz screen with a rtx2070.. not sure on which screen size would be better 15” or 17”.
I don't think visually it would make a massive difference, but portability and cooling potential, 17 for overall cooling, 15 for portability. I definitely think the 144hz with a 2070 would be worlds apart experience from 60hz and 4k with a 2060, there's just no competition.

The vortex is a great chassis, but do be warned, pretty much all modern intel chips run hot and invariably need an undervolt to keep them from thermal throttling in pretty much any laptop, this isn't an issue with PCS's machines, it's literally everyone due to the poor intel chips.

Worth adding, if you're not in a massive rush for this, PCS have confirmed that they're going to be stocking 1440p 144hz laptop screens in an upcoming refresh, they're just waiting on confirmed delivery from their suppliers, although there's no date for this as yet.

If it were me, I'd wait for 1440p screens paired with a 2070 on the vortex. The absolute cream of the crop imho.

Mustafo95

Silver Level Poster
The screen is more the oled than the 4K but I feel my 7 year old dell is 1080p and feel like I should be moving on in the screen technology. Max budget was approx 1500.
Uh yeah, you'd be moving on. To 144HZ screen. Higher FPS is easily more noticeable than 4K display at just 15.6' screen. 1920x1080 basically is 2 million pixels, 4K is, well it's 4 times the pixels so it ends up being 8.3 million pixels. At your price range, you'll be lucky to get a GPU that can push 50FPS at 4K.
Don't go for the eye candy. be sensible get something that's more functional. Also 1440p@144Hz is probably coming soon too, so if you can hold off for now, that's be the best of everything.

Sounds like a good plan I would definitely prefer a 1440p screen. Don’t mind waiting a couple of months to get one thanks for the heads up.