New computer - no monitor signal

sinR-8

I received my order yesterday, and have just had time now to try setting it up. Unfortunately I’ve not got very far as the Wacom I connected via hdmi to it (to the port on the graphics card) shows no signal (the Wacom works fine with my old Mac laptop). I tried connecting to the TV via a different hdmi cable and got no sign of a signal there either. I have no display port devices at the moment to try either.

On start up it’s giving me a beep immediately followed by three shorter beeps.

Obviously I’ve not been able to get anywhere with setting up Windows 10. And as I’m new to Windows anyway, I’m wary about how to best turn it off in such a situation.

I’m currently on hold to the phone line, but as I’ve been caller number 12 for 40 minutes, I’m a little sceptical I’ll get help there before they shut.

Any advice gratefully receiced.

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 220T RGB AIRFLOW MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-10700K (3.8GHz) 16MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® PRIME Z490-P (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3070 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 120 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

Bhuna50

Author Level
Check that you are plugging into the right HDMI slot on the back. If you are just open the machine and check everything is seated properly. Carefully after earthing yourself take out and push each card in etc. As they do sometimes come loose during transit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sinR-8

Cheers. The HDMI on the motherboard is blocked off, so even if I hadn’t read the note saying to use the graphics card ports, I wouldn’t have had a choice not to. So that much at least I’ve got right.

Hmmm - Do you have a DP Cable and another monitor that can use DP?
I had this issue recently with my 5700XT and it was after i installed the drivers.
Do you get anything at all if plugging into another one of the GC Ports?

sinR-8

There’s only one hdmi port on the graphics card, and I’ve no display port cables or devices.

I’m not even sure I’ve turned it off properly. There’s a slow flashing glow at the rear of the PCI slots, and a light at the Ethernet port. But tapping the keyboard isn’t waking it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Stuff is known to move in transit and the POST beeps indicate a graphics card issue, so try popping the graphics card out and then reinsert it fully.

sinR-8

Finally got through, pretty much bang on 5, but call cut out during and couldn’t call back.
Tried removing and replacing the graphics card. No change. Same with the RAM, trying 1 at a time also.

sinR-8

Managed to get it to boot by removing the 3070, and connecting to the motherboard HDMI port. Set up and then rebooted with the 3070 back in, but still with the monitor connected to the motherboard. Tried looking for signs of the 3070 hardware in the system without success, and running GeForce Experience just gave me “Unable to download recommended driver.” Also tried restarting it into BIOS, and could see no sign of it there.
Whenever the graphics card is in, it’s lit up. So it’s getting some power at least.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Managed to get it to boot by removing the 3070, and connecting to the motherboard HDMI port. Set up and then rebooted with the 3070 back in, but still with the monitor connected to the motherboard. Tried looking for signs of the 3070 hardware in the system without success, and running GeForce Experience just gave me “Unable to download recommended driver.” Also tried restarting it into BIOS, and could see no sign of it there.
Whenever the graphics card is in, it’s lit up. So it’s getting some power at least.
Just wondering, how are the cables attached to the GPU, is it 2 completely separate PCIe cables running into it or one cable going into a splitter?

sinR-8

I suspect this answers more clearly than anything I’d type. 2 blocks of 8, made from 6 and 2 each.

Attachments

• E60DB810-D558-404F-8B90-B6FE31331599.jpeg
    E60DB810-D558-404F-8B90-B6FE31331599.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 319

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
2 separate.
Ok, that's ok then.

The other thing to try is to just double check all the PSU cables are plugged in correctly to the PSU.

It may be a fiddle if it's covered by a shroud, I'm not overly familiar with that case, but I think if you remove the opposite side panel, it may expose the PSU so you can check the connections, specifically the PCIe ones.

9087_21_corsair-icue-220t-rgb-mid-tower-chassis-review_full.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh good lord!
Wow, that is quite tight.

At this point, there's a choice, either we take a risk and assume that it's the GPU that's failed and RMA just the GPU, that way PCS should be able to just send a replacement by courier for you to fit yourself, and the courier takes the dead card and returns it.

Or, as I think it's going to be quite a lot of work to get that PSU exposed enough to properly work on it, just return the PC for an RMA and get PCS to diagnose fully. The problem here is that it may take up to a month to get the PC back.

sinR-8

Two things that were suggested to me by friends were to see if the fans on the graphics card spin on start up, haven’t tried that yet - keep forgetting, only looked when it had been on for a minute or so. And to try the other PCI slot, although I’m not sure there’s space, and I doubt the cable would reach.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Two things that were suggested to me by friends were to see if the fans on the graphics card spin on start up, haven’t tried that yet - keep forgetting, only looked when it had been on for a minute or so. And to try the other PCI slot, although I’m not sure there’s space, and I doubt the cable would reach.
Both good tests to do if you can.

sinR-8

Best photos I could get at the moment of where I assume I should be looking before reattaching that side panel.

Attachments

• 180AEA7D-E4D7-4EDC-82F7-53BB7B97B6EA.jpeg
    180AEA7D-E4D7-4EDC-82F7-53BB7B97B6EA.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 0E24597C-F3D4-4A14-AD30-2502F8EB6054.jpeg
    0E24597C-F3D4-4A14-AD30-2502F8EB6054.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 203
  • FCEDD624-190D-47EF-B929-7BFC8666296D.jpeg
    FCEDD624-190D-47EF-B929-7BFC8666296D.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 2400425E-E2E9-4AC7-90C7-0298B8AF5FE4.jpeg
    2400425E-E2E9-4AC7-90C7-0298B8AF5FE4.jpeg