New computer - no monitor signal

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The fans judder right when the pc is turned on. But only a judder once. They never start spinning.

I’m glad some people are getting something out of this! :D
I think there's definitely something up with the GPU, it's weather it's a power issue from the PSU, or the GPU itself that's the last question.

How adventurous do you feel?

What we need to do to be fully sure, is remove the rear side again, detach the drive cables and remove the drive cage that's on the other side to the PSU, that should give you enough room to verify that the PCIe cables are fully inserted into the PSU, would be best to fully remove every cable in the PSU one at a time and replace them firmly to be absolutely sure they're fully inserted.

sinR-8

This side of a good night’s sleep, I’m not nearly adventurous enough. And I’m pretty sure after a good night’s sleep I’ll remember my limitations more clearly and also be not nearly adventurous enough. I’m fully prepared to try taking more photos in daylight with a better camera with better focus control though. Fully. It’s just whether that’d be helpful or not.

Have also had a look at the cables and there’s not enough leeway to try placing the card in the lower PCI slot.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This side of a good night’s sleep, I’m not nearly adventurous enough.
That's a sensible attitude. Have a sleep and see how you feel.

Either way, in my estimation we've got threeish scenarios...

1/. Remove the drive cage tomorrow after some rest, find the cables aren't fully inserted correctly, after plugging back in rig works.... woo hoo, break out the bubbly! (Fingers crossed this is the issue)

2/. Either removing the cage or not and returning the PC for RMA, (up to one month).

3 a/. Take a risk and only RMA the GPU, get a replacement sent which works,points to GPU, job done (roughly 3 days)

3 b/. Take a risk and only RMA the GPU, get a replacement which doesn't work, send build for RMA, points to PSU (3 days plus one month)

sinR-8

Yeah. I may change my mind in the morning, but I’d surprise myself if I did. Currently thinking option 3; the difference between up to a month (and given how busy they are, I’d guess the longer end), and up to a month and three days will be relatively insignificant compared to it (potentially) working in three days.

But for now. Sleep. Much as I decided 2 hours ago, but hopefully with more success this time.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah. I may change my mind in the morning, but I’d surprise myself if I did. Currently thinking option 3; the difference between up to a month (and given how busy they are, I’d guess the longer end), and up to a month and three days will be relatively insignificant compared to it (potentially) working in three days.

But for now. Sleep. Much as I decided 2 hours ago, but hopefully with more success this time.
Sleep well :)

sinR-8

Realised I could get a view from a different angle by looking through the unused cable access in the top of the shroud. (That is the shroud, yes? I’m not getting my terms mixed up I hope)

Attachments

• 99D5E8A7-2BBF-41ED-BC7E-7CF0C65573B1.jpeg
    99D5E8A7-2BBF-41ED-BC7E-7CF0C65573B1.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 184
  • C715BD81-BBBB-4306-8EDF-152BCBD601B1.jpeg
    C715BD81-BBBB-4306-8EDF-152BCBD601B1.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 163

decaro

Enthusiast
Realised I could get a view from a different angle by looking through the unused cable access in the top of the shroud. (That is the shroud, yes? I’m not getting my terms mixed up I hope)
Maybe just try reaching down and try pushing each one in as much as u can and if you hear any clicks then maybe it fixed something

sinR-8

Okay... NOW I’m confused! I tried the pushing in through the hole. Didn’t feel like it gave much, if any. Looks slightly better. Tried starting up. Card fans spin. Desktop home is on the Wacom screen now (plugged into the GC HDMI port), but still the "no vga detected" beeps.

I try for drivers now, is that it?

decaro

Enthusiast
Okay... NOW I’m confused! I tried the pushing in through the hole. Didn’t feel like it gave much, if any. Looks slightly better. Tried starting up. Card fans spin. Desktop home is on the Wacom screen now (plugged into the GC HDMI port), but still the "no vga detected" beeps.

I try for drivers now, is that it?
Progress, if you are able to, try to see if drivers will fix it.

sinR-8

Tried drivers. This looks like it’s working, right? But still the "no vga detected" beeps at start up.

I feel like maybe I can relax? Maybe? But still so wary...

Attachments

• 7D369FFD-9BC1-4527-A958-3046BCC1E582.jpeg
    7D369FFD-9BC1-4527-A958-3046BCC1E582.jpeg
    323.7 KB · Views: 158

decaro

Enthusiast
Tried drivers. This looks like it’s working, right? But still the "no vga detected" beeps at start up.

I feel like maybe I can relax? Maybe? But still so wary...
well considering the 3070 or any new card for that matter doesnt have a vga port i'd imagine theres nothing to worry about, if it boots fine and is stable under load it **should** be fine

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The VGA beeping, I presume, is the VGA standard beep when there is something wrong with the graphics generally...my guess it's all still listed as VGA purely as a carryover from when VGA was the standard for graphics.

Sometimes a fully functioning system will still beep with certain monitors, particularly if they aren't switched on before the system is powered on....for some reason the motherboard just doesn't like it...that is mainly older monitors though
This is it, the beeps are a false code, try turning on the monitor before powering up the computer and I'm guessing it won't beep.

The way to get around it is use a different format cable, so if you're using HDMI, swap it for DP.