new computer:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
is there really notable difference in gaming between the i5-3570k and the i7-3770? i've heard its basically minuscule at best and is worth saving £100 on?

I believe the i7-3770 has a better integrated graphics card but what I meant is that the best value for money CPU for gaming would be the i5-2500k however as you mentioned the difference in performance for gaming is minimal between the i5 3570k or the i7-3770.

harfle

i'm also wondering this, jack, Vanthus you suggested the i5 -3470, instead of the 3770 series, is there much difference between these too as well?

also both Vanthus and Ruben suggested getting the cheapest cpu cooler, instead of the 99 pound one, would there be a significant difference?

Harry.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
i'm also wondering this, jack, Vanthus you suggested the i5 -3470, instead of the 3770 series, is there much difference between these too as well?

also both Vanthus and Ruben suggested getting the cheapest cpu cooler, instead of the 99 pound one, would there be a significant difference?

Harry.
You do not need an expensive cpu cooler unless you are overclocking, if you are looking for a cpu just for gaming you could go with Vanthus suggestion or the i5-3550. Not much difference in performance between that the i5-3550 or the i7-3770.

harfle

and @ruben, for the integrated graphics on the MB, does that make a difference much/at all to gaming if you have say for instance the 670 card etc?

Jackogeddes

Bronze Level Poster

Harry.

thanks ruben - yeah i'll use the £100 on a new LED keyboard and mouse rather than a like 3% difference in performance i wont notice at all :D

buying a £99 cooler is simply massive overkill and will do the same job as the £19 one with your spec :)

Jackogeddes

Bronze Level Poster
and @ruben, for the integrated graphics on the MB, does that make a difference much/at all to gaming if you have say for instance the 670 card etc?

i think bang for your buck wise, the i5-3570k would be your best option for gaming. also even though i'm not likely to overclock i'd much rather spend £20 and have the option to rather than going for the i5-3550 for example.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
i think bang for your buck wise, the i5-3570k would be your best option for gaming. also even though i'm not likely to overclock i'd much rather spend £20 and have the option to rather than going for the i5-3550 for example.

I got the coolit fat boy liquid cooling and I love it, personally I do not like the look of air cooling since it looks a bit bulky for my taste, I do not overclock my cpu unless I am running a benchmark so most of the time is at stock levels.

keynes

Multiverse Poster

It won't make a difference since you will be relying on the GTX 670.