New desk

Rakk

The Awesome
Well, after many years of using the same crappy crappy old desk, I've finally got myself a new desk and organised stuff :)

So, the old mess:
DSC_0010[1].jpg

And the much better looking new setup :)
DSC_0014[1].jpg

Yes, I know its a bit dark, the pics were taken with a crappy camera phone, and this room has only 2 40W halogen bulbs to light up a rather large room, so it never looks light in here, especially given my desk is under the staircase that goes upstairs.

Rakk

The Awesome
Nicely done! pretty drastic before and after shots, first one reminds of my desk at work!

Yeah, well now I have drawers to put stuff in rather than just leaving it lying on top of it

Nice :) where do you keep the coke bottle now? ;)

Probably just under the structure to the left of the set of drawers on the right :), currently its behind me on the old desk that I need to take apart and bin :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Really nice Rakky, much more betterer :)

See, it looks like a normal every day gamer desk...but something in the old picture gives it away as one of those crazy girl-gamer desks :innocent:

Rakk

The Awesome
Really nice Rakky, much more betterer :)

See, it looks like a normal every day gamer desk...but something in the old picture gives it away as one of those crazy girl-gamer desks :innocent:

I presume you mean that box thing with candles in it on the little shelf, my mum gave me those, so I shoved them under they to get them out of the way, certainly not my choice :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I presume you mean that box thing with candles in it on the little shelf, my mum gave me those, so I shoved them under they to get them out of the way, certainly not my choice :)

I didn't even see them! :D

I actually meant the Diet Coke :innocent:

lewishollings

Bright Spark
ohhh man, the difference was amazing, I'm looking for a new desk as mine is tiny and I feel cramped! You have the same case as me though! :D

Jax

Can I ask where you got that new desk from? looks fantastic (am in the market for a new desk soon).

Rakk

The Awesome
Can I ask where you got that new desk from? looks fantastic (am in the market for a new desk soon).

I got it from officefurnitureonline.co.uk (note all the prices you see on the site are ex-VAT so you need to add 20% to get the actual price) - though it was actually manufactured by Lee & Plumpton Ltd (though I couldn't find that desk on the Lee&Plumpton website mind)

Got a desk with desk high pedestal and a mobile pedestal for the other side, it wasn't cheap mind, but it's for my new house and I wanted something that looked nice (and some of it is coming from family for xmas), and it seems to be of very solid construction.

Because it was one of their next day range and because I ordered before 2pm, I got it the next day :)
They even rang me up to ask if I was having problems with their website, cos I sorted it all out, set up my details, but was dithering on the send order page (I'm very indecisive).

Last edited:

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
Just checked out your Before/After pics. Nice Desk. :cool: I got your speakers too, but mines only a 2.1 Setup :)

Mite check out that website and bookmark it for future reference

Jaymee-Nausica

Gold Level Poster
Logitech Speakers have never failed me. My friend has the 5.1 setup but hes in a tiny bedroom where he uses them, but when we blast music really loud it rattles the walls kz the Sub Woofer on the 5.1 set is a monster...! Hahaha :)