New Gaming and Streaming pc

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi there. Unless you’re playing Flight Sim 2020, 32GB of RAM is unnecessary for a gaming system. What type of games are you playing and what monitor are you using? We can potentially tweak this build depending on your needs 👍

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
32GB would be fine as it is for streaming as well
Hmmm, I’ve only streamed a few times and my RAM usage hasn’t crept up to where I think 32GB would be necessary.

Is it dependent on which titles you’re playing / streaming?

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
The plan is to stream both PC and Console using a capture card. Having 32 3600mhz i throught would be better to cope

ProEnigma

Bronze Level Poster
Hmmm, I’ve only streamed a few times and my RAM usage hasn’t crept up to where I think 32GB would be necessary.

Is it dependent on which titles you’re playing / streaming?
it does depend on the games you are playing, if you play heavy modded minecraft like Project ozone 3 (there are many others) and you want to have a server running on the system as well, as keeping a private server running helps with getting items while youdon't play, the server at 4GB and the minecraft at 8GB only leaver you 4GB for other programs like OBS chat bots Windows and so on.

Now most things dont need 32GB when it comes to streaming, but it's always nice to have it there just incase

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
Hi there. Unless you’re playing Flight Sim 2020, 32GB of RAM is unnecessary for a gaming system. What type of games are you playing and what monitor are you using? We can potentially tweak this build depending on your needs 👍
what about streaming ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s not necessary but if you’ve got a lot of background processes going on and you’ve got the budget for it, having it won’t do you any harm 👍

avnpir

Bronze Level Poster
Is it something i can upgrade later on if i need to, also would you recomend the New AMD 5900x or stick with the i9 10900k?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Is it something i can upgrade later on if i need to, also would you recomend the New AMD 5900x or stick with the i9 10900k?
Yeah, adding RAM is the easiest upgrade there is. Just open the case and click it into the slots.

Definitely the new AMD, it looks positively beastly! 🙂👍

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
RE: 32GB except for maybe 1 title I can think of you don't need it for gaming.

RE: streaming with 32GB, streaming isn't going to use the RAM that much so the only reason to go above 16GB is if you are planning on content creating rather than just streaming.

Video editing amongst others uses a lot of RAM, especially with all the extra effects you can add.