New GPU advice

Everon

Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I bought my PC from PCS a few years back and have been happy with my Nvidia GTX670 but feel its time to upgrade. I have decided upon a Nvidia GTX970. What I need advice on is which is the best one to get. I see MSI, EVGA, Acer, and palit and others and im totally not sure which one to get.

I will post some of my existing PC hardware just so you can advise if there would be any problems when I fit it. The case should be plenty large enough and I think the motherboard should be fine. The 970 uses less power than my existing 670 so that should be fine (I hope)

COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE
ASUS® P8Z77-V: PCI-E 3.0 READY, WIFI, SLI, CROSSFIREX
CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE

I wont be overclocking this card and I would like it to be reasonably quiet but as I game with headphones it should be fine anyhow. My budget constraint is £300. Any advice or suggestions you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Jay.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi Jay,
In terms of performance either brand will be fine, if you are concerned with noise you may want to check different reviews of different non-reference models. I would think the EVGA is quieter than the others listed

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
The EVGA coolers are really good, but as keynes said, maybe check reviews, a lot of youtubers do non-reference card comparisons

Everon

Enthusiast
Thanks for the feedback guys. After much reading and comparing I have decided on the EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB Nvdia (Maxwell) PCI Express Graphics Card at £299.

Hopefully my PSU (corsair TX650) that came with the machine from PCS will be sufficient.

Cheers, Jay.