New graphics card

So I'm dead certain on getting the new RX 460 when it (hopefully) comes out at the end of this month. My question is should I immediately buy the reference model or wait and see what custom models come out (maybe like an evga superclocked version or something) and how long should I expect to wait after it comes out before custom models appear.

The only reason I'm even contemplating not waiting is I've been waiting for months to buy the 750 ti and now I see the RX 460 come out and my patience is all gone XD

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had the same dilemma when buying my gtx 1080. I ended up getting a founders edition simply because the delays and stock shortages were running on for so long. I ended up paying a lot less even though I'm modding it to make it a hybrid cooler. Managed higher clocks than any of the aftermarket cards anyway.

I think AMD supplies are a lot higher generally so aren't hit by the same delays.

It's worth holding out for an aftermarket card as AMD cards generally run quite hot and loud, getting an aftermarket greatly reduces temps. The sapphire range are generally considered the best with AMD.

EVGA only do nvidia chips.

Last edited:
Ah right, this is the first amd card I've ever bought so I had no idea about evga only doing nvidia. Who else is good for amd besides sapphire

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ah right, this is the first amd card I've ever bought so I had no idea about evga only doing nvidia. Who else is good for amd besides sapphire

Powercolour and MSI are quite good, then there's XFX which I had a few of but they're more budget cards (I could well be wrong there, haven't had one for a long time)

ADDITION: It's definitely worth pre-ordering, so when you see it come up, grab it as quick as you can. I don't think stocks will be in as much demand as the nVidia's were, but it's worth being safe.

Last edited: