New laptop lost in transit

bigbert24

Purchased a 17" defiance from PCs, the laptop was dispatched on the 25th with dpd for a 2 day scheduled delivery and from Thursday right up until Friday evening the 27th, it stated that the estimated delivery would be that day (Friday), then after 7pm it stated it was at Birmingham hub to which the tracking system still states, I've contacted dpd by phone and s'media to which they say I now have to contact PCs to complain to them and ask for a parcel search? I hav'nt even received the laptop and from what I am aware off my warranty and insurance to which I've paid for as an added expense are already in effect, has anyone else ever had this kind of service from dpd, I'm finding this very frustrating.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd contact PCS. If DPD have lost it, then PCS will claim compensation from them. They'll have to build you a new one from scratch I imagine, but you shouldn't incur any cost. That's shocking from DPD though, they're usually very good.

bigbert24

It's the thought of having to go through the actual process of building and waiting again that's making me hope that it turns up somewhere now I've actually notified dpd as I'd rather not want that torment of checking the building status every hour if it is the case that they have lost it.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Very bad luck i think, as Spyder said, DPD are usually very reliable.

Hopefully it turns up and they just forgot to put it on a van the day it was supposed to be delivered, if not you could probably ask PCS to put it on fast track (I imagine they'd probably do it for free, but don't take my word on it)

bigbert24

I'm in no way blaming PCs as they have been very good with the service I've received from them, all the updates by phone/email etc. I'm just finding it hard to believe that dpd have asked me to complain to PCs directly regarding this when it's them that cannot find it?

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I'm in no way blaming PCs as they have been very good with the service I've received from them, all the updates by phone/email etc. I'm just finding it hard to believe that dpd have asked me to complain to PCs directly regarding this when it's them that cannot find it?

I think they just want you to tell them it's probably been lost or something, not actually complain and tell them it's their fault. Probably just the person from DPD wording it badly

bigbert24

I'll agree they could've worded it better, but they did make a point in stating I must complain to the sender twice to me before dpd can actually take any further action. I mean I'm the recipient of the order and I'm the one who has paid for delivery so why not act on my concerns, I just find it all very odd.