New Laptop Nightmare

mark1

Was hoping to be posting a positive message about my new highly specced Enigma III, but sadly not

1) Keyboard was not correctly located (had to do this myself)
2) OS not Installed by PCS
3) Tried to install OS myself, but does not recognise the computers storage device (in this case an SSD)
4) Cant do anything!!!!! AAARGGGH

Now I know I will just have to wait until morning to phone tech support, but time is running out for me im leaving the country in about 5 days for 3-4months so really the last thing I needed to happen. Perhaps I should have just (dare I say it) gone over to the dark side of Steve Jobs).

mark1

Appreciate that. But its always easier to say that when you're not on the receving end of the problem. Will call tomorrow, but my time to resolve this is extremely limited so just got to hope it can be resolved over the phone.

Maestro

Hi, sorry to hear about problems.

First off, it is 100% impossible for the os to not be installed. The laptop cannot be physically dispatched until it has passed the qc check, which is partly automated, and dependent on responses from the os.
Secondly, if it is not recognising the storage device then it is almost certainly due to either a failed ssd, or the ssd has become loose, and that is the reason why the os did not load when first switched on.

Give us a call and we will sort it.

mark1

Update:- Fixed the keyboard, removed the HDD cover and found the SSD to be loose as you suggested, then powered up and was able to sucessfully run and initialise the OS. Thanks Maestro

TBH the interface between the SSD and the board isnt great, might look at installing a removable piece behind the SSD that will stop it being able to work free in future. Has anyone else had problems with these?

Last edited:

Maestro

Thats great news. Good idea to put a support piece behind the drive. I think some of the ssd's might be veryslightly bigger than normal hdd drives and dont seat aswell.