New Laptop

jackal385

Took delivery of my 17” Recoil laptop ten days ago and it has been faultless. I have found PCS very approachable and always happy to help. Would recommend.
IMG_2629.jpeg
IMG_2631.jpeg
IMG_2632.jpeg

jackal385

Setup went fine once I got the instructions. The only thing that concerns me is that when you shut the laptop down it seems to also shut the water cooler down which to my mind leaves static water in the system heating up.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Setup went fine once I got the instructions. The only thing that concerns me is that when you shut the laptop down it seems to also shut the water cooler down which to my mind leaves static water in the system heating up.
If the laptops off though there’s no power being used so wouldn’t heat up at all?

jackal385

I mean that if I have been using it for a while and I power off the water cooler also powers off. I thought it would have ran for a while to ensure no overheating. Like when you turn your car off on a warm day and the fans continue to run.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I mean that if I have been using it for a while and I power off the water cooler also powers off. I thought it would have ran for a while to ensure no overheating. Like when you turn your car off on a warm day and the fans continue to run.
Silicon doesn’t really work like that, a chip will pretty much instantly run from high 80s under use to zero within a matter of nano seconds once the power is off. The residual heat in the heatsinks is purely as transfer as well, so those don’t really retain heat particularly.